Bailey Wright & Antoine Semenyo

Ozturk surely has to keep his place? He's been excellent in this system of late.

He has. I'd think Flanagan is most vulnerable but if Wright is to be a first choicer someone has to go. With him in, we'd have 5 solid centre backs for 3 places, which is fine. Given the level that Wright has played at, if we sign him, he should be just about our best defender.

Ozturk probably has been the weaker of the 3, but the way we’ve played lately, everyone’s position is theirs to lose.
Ozturk is basically security in the box so the other two can get forward and support our attacks. Think of it as his instructions are chin anyone who comes in the box. Flanagan and Willis are supporting the wing backs and even putting balls in the box themselves. I have no idea about Wright, but you can't compare Ozturk to the other two.

Ozturk is basically security in the box so the other two can get forward and support our attacks. Think of it as his instructions are chin anyone who comes in the box. Flanagan and Willis are supporting the wing backs and even putting balls in the box themselves. I have no idea about Wright, but you can't compare Ozturk to the other two.
No nonsense defending epitomised is Ozturk, the other defenders are thriving on the back of it .

Barrel scraping at its best
How so? Signing the club captain who’s a decent age from the league above hardly constitutes barrel scraping, especially in the context of some of our other signings in the last ten years.

I’m not sure he’s necessarily what we need (could do with a left sided equivalent I reckon) but he does seem to have good pedigree. Plus as someone who’s played full back and centre back he should be capable of continuing the overlapping full back role should Willis be out/unavailable. Again, hardly barrel scraping.
Sounds good from that! ‘The popular Aussie..’ etc.
Wonder what’s happening with Semenyo! Whether it’s Bristol or him delaying the move.

Last edited:

Back