Bailey Wright & Antoine Semenyo

Wright sounds an excellent signing, Aussies and South Africans are the most competitive sporting nations on the planet, be excellent to have some of that in the dressing room, a leader too.

In Parky I trust.

Last edited:
Confirmed, on loan though.

Twitter is absolutely littered with people complaining that it’s a loan.

The lad is out of contract in the summer. I understand he’s had a few injuries.
A loan until his contract runs out, allowing us to get a look at him and him to see how it goes here .... sounds sensible to me.

Unfortunately this will no doubt be used as another stick to beat the club with.

A loan until his contract runs out, allowing us to get a look at him and him to see how it goes here .... sounds sensible to me.

Unfortunately this will no doubt be used as another stick to beat the club with.
I didn’t know that, it seems more of a sensible move now

Absolutely this, he’ll hopefully do well, we’ll get under his skin and agree a permanent deal in the summer.

Last edited:

It's basically no different to signing him on a short term contract. Like you say, it gives us a look at him with no obligations and more than likely gives us a player on a free if he does well.

I am no fan of the current regime but a loan deal completely makes sense to me, only issue being that if he is a success we could end up losing him.

Controversially I actually think loans are fine at this level, especially for experienced/older players without too much future potential. We don't want to be in the league above with a squad of players not good enough who we struggle to get rid of. If we dont think this lad will necessarily be championship quality then surely its a good idea to get him on loan then reassess in May depending on if we go up or not.

As if we have hundreds of players on loan currently.

Controversially I actually think loans are fine at this level, especially for experienced/older players without too much future potential. We don't want to be in the league above with a squad of players not good enough who we struggle to get rid of. If we dont think this lad will necessarily be championship quality then surely its a good idea to get him on loan then reassess in May depending on if we go up or not.
Don't think your being controversial mate. In our current situation with the club potentially being sold I don't expect us to actually buy anyone outright at the minute. Short term loans with an option to buy is probably what we are looking at.
Makes sense to be honest. New owners will want to put their stamp on the club and if we go up everything could change

You would think with the amount of people complaining about the loan that we had a good record of permanent transfer deals.

Try before you buy for both parties what's not to like? I hardly think he's going to have better offers if we get promoted.

Back