Badnd of Brothers

In about 2005 some mates of mine were off to New Orleans to see another mate that was doing a year of his degree out there.

One of them downloaded band of brothers via a torrent and was intending to spend the flight there watching it having had it highly recommended.

Plane takes off, seatbelt signs come off and he gets his portable DVD player out, bangs the disc in, 30 seconds later he’s swearing and muttering on his breath.

My pal asks him what’s up, he’d downloaded it with Russian audio the tool.

Excellent series but better in English overall.

I binge watched it again on a flight to Thailand with Emirates, unbelievable TV at its very best, what these men and thousands more like them went through is staggering.

The pacific is no band of brothers. It's ok but not as good imo.
I’d say pacific is brilliant but BoB is head and shoulders above everything else
Wish they’d remaster it in 4K and 7.1 if possible. Fantastic television and ye a heartbreaking. I’ve just started watching WW2 in colour on Netflix 👌
It’s class. I’ve just finished that WW2 series and I want to watch it again

Last edited:
Wish they’d remaster it in 4K and 7.1 if possible. Fantastic television and ye a heartbreaking. I’ve just started watching WW2 in colour on Netflix 👌
iirc, the best they can get out of the original footage is the FHD release. It's very good. Available on torrent sites last time I checked, but not to buy.

iirc, the best they can get out of the original footage is the FHD release. It's very good. Available on torrent sites last time I checked, but not to buy.

it was shot on film, they'd easily be able to get 4k from that from the masters. cracking series, most of it was filmed in Hertfordshire

Just watched The battle of the bulge on Greatest events of ww2 in colour on Netflix
Great series
So close to the end of the war and so brutal

Back