Badnd of Brothers

Red

Striker
Just binge watched this for the third time of asking, and I'm still to watch a better series. Its the first time I've watched it with earphones in, and what a difference - the firefights are something else. It's still heartbreaking watching them break down while talking about their fallen comrades.

Unbelievably, its now 19 years old, and sadly the vast majority (if not all) of the soldiers have died, with Dick Winters dying in 2011.

Tremendous series and I agree I don’t think there’s a better series been made.
A lot easier to do a once off mini series than keep something going over many years where you’re not sure if the network is going to renew or not so you don’t know the ending. BoB had a definitive start and end.

west wing is king for me.

Just binge watched this for the third time of asking, and I'm still to watch a better series. Its the first time I've watched it with earphones in, and what a difference - the firefights are something else. It's still heartbreaking watching them break down while talking about their fallen comrades.

Unbelievably, its now 19 years old, and sadly the vast majority (if not all) of the soldiers have died, with Dick Winters dying in 2011.
We’ve got the DVD box set. When we watched it with surround sound, the Bastogne episode was fantastic. The air burst shells were going off all around us and the room vibrated.

The pacific is no band of brothers. It's ok but not as good imo.
I’d recommend reading the books “Helmet for my pillow” and “With the old breed”. Fantastic and very moving reads. Then watch The Pacific. I watched it when first released. Don’t think I enjoyed it at the time as I was probably (very unfairly too) making a direct comparison with BoB. I’d a much better understanding of the men involved, their experiences, the environment the second time of watching after reading the books.

Excellent series, well acted and fantastic to see the actual lads at the end. Like all the times you see these old men today, always being humble and so matter of fact, proper proper heroes.

Excellent series, well acted and fantastic to see the actual lads at the end. Like all the times you see these old men today, always being humble and so matter of fact, proper proper heroes.
Met and spoke to a number of screaming eagles a while back whilst in Normandy 2004, just great humble blokes never considered themselves as special just boys doing a job!

Back