Bad news if you've a crazy high IQ

Not sure how Mensa get members.

Surely the people who are intelligent enough to be in the top 2% of the population and the people stupid enough to shell out money to join an association whose only benefit is being able to say you have joined, won't have that much of a crossover

Not sure how Mensa get members.

Surely the people who are intelligent enough to be in the top 2% of the population and the people stupid enough to shell out money to join an association whose only benefit is being able to say you have joined, won't have that much of a crossover
For me, I applied to Mensa at a time where I needed an ego boost. Work was tough and I had just been diagnosed with dyslexia at over 40 years of age. I felt really thick. Passing the Mensa tests did help boost my confidence.

For me, I applied to Mensa at a time where I needed an ego boost. Work was tough and I had just been diagnosed with dyslexia at over 40 years of age. I felt really thick. Passing the Mensa tests did help boost my confidence.
Yeah but you can take and pass the Mensa tests without subsequently shelling out cash though.

Yeah but you can take and pass the Mensa tests without subsequently shelling out cash though.
True. I don't actually use any of the facilities offered or attend meetings and events. I've only ever flicked through their newsletter. Apart from on here I don't think I have told anyone beyond family that I am a member. It's sort of just for me as an (expensive) confidence boost. Have considered letting my membership lapse.

IQ: 152 at last proper testing (not one of those shitty internet 10-question quizzes) and was told I was eligable for Mensa membership at my first testing at age 10.
Current disorders: General anxiety, social anxiety/phobia, depression, stress and PTSD. Suffered from the first 3 for most of my adult life to varying degrees.

Do you still wear your hair in a ponytail? That would be a disorder to add to the list :lol:

IQ: 152 at last proper testing (not one of those shitty internet 10-question quizzes) and was told I was eligable for Mensa membership at my first testing at age 10.
Current disorders: General anxiety, social anxiety/phobia, depression, stress and PTSD. Suffered from the first 3 for most of my adult life to varying degrees.

What from?

Back