Back-up software

What is your trying to do exactly? Is copying and pasting your files manually to an external drive not good enough? I am personally quite happy putting my important data in a folder that syncs up to one drive. I get 5 terabytes of cloud storage with the ability to rollback to previous versions within a set time. On-site personal backup doesn't seem to make much sense unless you are storing massive amounts of data. If it's just films/series I'd have a note of what I have and if I have a failure just re-download them.

What is your trying to do exactly? Is copying and pasting your files manually to an external drive not good enough? I am personally quite happy putting my important data in a folder that syncs up to one drive. I get 5 terabytes of cloud storage with the ability to rollback to previous versions within a set time. On-site personal backup doesn't seem to make much sense unless you are storing massive amounts of data. If it's just films/series I'd have a note of what I have and if I have a failure just re-download them.

no point in me typing exactly this out again.

Just have a large music library along with some financial data I need to keep safe. Need something that does incremental back-ups rather than just copy/paste. Not prepared to pay for the data to be stored on the cloud.

I used to use back up software mainly for music and a couple of programs (Adobe Pro and some CAD software).
I now use O365 and OneDrive and Spotify

I use AllwaySync to copy my data from drive a to drive b*, works well, has command line versions to creating batch scripts for scheduling.

Also use OneDrive for the really important stuff.

*and to another 2 or 3 locations, backups of backups.

And just how good is Spotify at backing up software?
It was a reference to not saving music, but steaming it. I use 0365 for saving the program.... doh!

I would re evaluate your excessive use of sarcasm.

Back