Back garden fence / wall

Fletch

Striker
Anyone know how high it can be built without need for planning permission ? Too many different answers when use google

Neighbours put in posts for a new wall or fence , look about 10ft , our fence is 6ft maybe couple inches more

You need to have a gentle word mate. That is unacceptable. It might help to go onto your local authority website, or give the planning office a call first, for their view.

These things can get very difficult. Nip it in the bud before they go further.

You need to have a gentle word mate. That is unacceptable. It might help to go onto your local authority website, or give the planning office a call first, for their view.

These things can get very difficult. Nip it in the bud before they go further.
Aye , never want to fall out with any neighbour but when saw the posts go up this morning I thought it was a piss take

Anyone know how high it can be built without need for planning permission ? Too many different answers when use google
Advice from Sunderland council is to declare intention to them if the height is going to be more than two metres and they will come back advising wether planning permission is needed.

Aye , never want to fall out with any neighbour but when saw the posts go up this morning I thought it was a piss take

Actually, it can have unforseen consequences these days...I know! If it becomes an issue, you will have to declare it if you come to sell your property, (as will your neighbour!)

Back