Baby Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

muggboots

Striker
Just watched it. A film written and directed by Edgar Wright, he's Simon Pegg's mate and he directed the zombie one and the one where James Bond was a supermarket manager/WickerManist.
It's about a young lad with tinnitus who has to listen to music while working as a getaway driver. The Damned, Martha Reeves, the Detroit Spinners, Beck, Jethro Tull, Golden Earing, Simon and Garfunkel, The Wu Tang plus Young MC on the soundtrack. My favourite bit was when Kevin Spacey said 'do the maths'. That s elevated it to 8.75 out of 10.
if it was Denzel Washington impaled on the bright drawn mild steel 25mm rods it would have been nearly a 10/10, Tom Hanks instead of Kevin Spacey being repeatedly run over and it would have been up there with Kurosawa.
. I enjoyed it anyway. Fuck off.

Just watched it. A film written and directed by Edgar Wright, he's Simon Pegg's mate and he directed the zombie one and the one where James Bond was a supermarket manager/WickerManist.
It's about a young lad with tinnitus who has to listen to music while working as a getaway driver. The Damned, Martha Reeves, the Detroit Spinners, Beck, Jethro Tull, Golden Earing, Simon and Garfunkel, The Wu Tang plus Young MC on the soundtrack. My favourite bit was when Kevin Spacey said 'do the maths'. That s elevated it to 8.75 out of 10.
if it was Denzel Washington impaled on the bright drawn mild steel 25mm rods it would have been nearly a 10/10, Tom Hanks instead of Kevin Spacey being repeatedly run over and it would have been up there with Kurosawa.

Cheers for the review, looked shite on the trailers at the flicks, but might give it a go now like

The soundtrack alone sounds canny like

No

great idea, and summat i've been expecting since I got me first mp3 player in 2001 mate, since i've been soundtracking me daily activities everyday since that time, it seemed logical that a director/writer'd have the same vision.. By far the best sequence is the choreography to jsbe's bellbottoms which opens the fillum, and since that is the highpoint it inevitably gans downhill from there. imo mate anyroad. still a canny wetch

great idea, and summat i've been expecting since I got me first mp3 player in 2001 mate, since i've been soundtracking me daily activities everyday since that time, it seemed logical that a director/writer'd have the same vision.. By far the best sequence is the choreography to jsbe's bellbottoms which opens the fillum, and since that is the highpoint it inevitably gans downhill from there. imo mate anyroad. still a canny wetch
:lol:

Watched it last night, can't quite decide whether it was really good or not. Weird one.

Blade Trinity did it years ago man.

The bit with the masks had me buckled. Looking at IMDb though this is probably on the main trailer, which is poor form.

It was ok, nothing special.

Never got a chance to see it at the pictures but did fancy it. I won't get the blu ray and will just wait to see it on sky

Watched it last night too, thought it was canny good. Soundtrack is excellent.

Watched it ODEON in their D-Box seats, right laugh!

The seats are a bit gimmicky but do make the viewing experience is a little more memorable.

The film? A nice change from the norm, loads of cultural references and yes, a fantastic soundtrack.

Edit: oh, and the lass was a wad, anarl.

Thor’d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back