BA long haul flights...

I'm flying to New York on Monday with AA, I've read online that they're taking the screens out of the seats on a lot of their flights and you have to use your own device to access the in flight entertainment.
Air Canada do that. It's not an issue as long as you are prepared. Flew from Pearson in Toronto to Edinburgh a couple of years back and the lass across the aisle from me hadn't read it on the booking and had nowt to do for 7 hours

Air Canada do that. It's not an issue as long as you are prepared. Flew from Pearson in Toronto to Edinburgh a couple of years back and the lass across the aisle from me hadn't read it on the booking and had nowt to do for 7 hours
I flew air Canada in July, there was a TV on the back of the seat in front of me, flying them again in two weeks time Heathrow-ottawa though,.

I was served a meal in BA Business Class on my way home from Baku once. It was a chicken breast that looked ok until I peeled the skin back. There was a massive maggot hanging out of it. The stewardess took it away hurriedly, I ate nothing and just left it at that. I really should have snapped a photo and gone for air miles

Yeah, I think it's something that's becoming increasingly prevalent with North American airlines generally. Download the app before you fly and access their library of films/TV/music locally. I guess battery life could be an issue deending on the device.

I rarely recline my seat on long haul but coming back from the states a few weeks ago on an overnight flight I thought nowt off it.
I almost came to blows with the bellend behind me who, instead of just saying excuse me mate" decided to start kicking and punching the back of my seat. His arse went when I got up mind.

I've got a nine and a half hour flight Heathrow to Miami (cattle class) on Monday, ot looking forward to that fcker
Had similar coming back from cancun last year. Paid for premium economy on way back and the 2 kids were in the row behind us, bairn tried to put her seat back and the bloke behind her was holding the seat up. Dropped his arse when I stood up.

Had similar coming back from cancun last year. Paid for premium economy on way back and the 2 kids were in the row behind us, bairn tried to put her seat back and the bloke behind her was holding the seat up. Dropped his arse when I stood up.
This prick was sticking his knee in the back of the chair, then kicking and punching it, going on like a right bell end. If he'd just asked me to put the seat up I would have (i may not have been happy but i travel long haul enough to accept it)

This prick was sticking his knee in the back of the chair, then kicking and punching it, going on like a right bell end. If he'd just asked me to put the seat up I would have (i may not have been happy but i travel long haul enough to accept it)
Exactly, I don’t like it but accept it if they do. Worst part was he was about, 5,8 and I’m 6,4 and had room to spare with the seat in front down so he couldn’t have been squashed.

You missed a trick there mate - I d have kept her occupied for all of 7 minutes.....

Had an overnight flight from New York to London a few year ago. Strategically ate some very heavy carbs before boarding and then found I had a window seat with the other two seats next to me empty. Lay down across all three and was asleep within minutes. Woke up for breakfast hours later, had another snooze and woke up again when landing. Got to London fresh as a daisy ready for the day.

Still reminisce about it!

I flew to Miami with BA long haul and thought it was canny but I am a short arse so extra leg room not needed really.

American airlines are streets ahead of most of our airlines though so doesn't surprise me there flight was good

Emirates is the best though nobody even comes close for long haul although you do have to pay the pennies to get on there

Emirates is my first choice when flying "east of Suez". Their Economy class is better in may ways than Premium Economy on BA. I've flown to Bangkok and Singapore with them in recent months via Dubai and really couldn't fault them. I just wish they did a Premium Economy class as I'm sure it would be spectacular.

I used to be a big BA fan back in the day and was a Silver card holder for a number of years but now only fly them if there is no reasonable alternative. Their onboard service, even in business, has just been abandoned.

Back