Ayia Napa

I went Ayia Napa yeas ago, I wouldn't recommend it now as it will have a maccy D's and tarmac.

Went there in 1993. We were staying in Limassol but hired a jeep and drove to Ayia Napa to go off the Bungee Jump. Anyway when we got there I bailed out with fright. My mate went off no fear at all.
True story that.

Went there in 1993. We were staying in Limassol but hired a jeep and drove to Ayia Napa to go off the Bungee Jump. Anyway when we got there I bailed out with fright. My mate went off no fear at all.
True story that.
How old are you now?

Went about 15 year ago when it was good

Anyone who can remember what hotel they stopped in needs to get a grip

True story that.

How did the jeep compare to an Audi with a damaged steering wheel?

I e been to that area loads of times as my daughter lived in Cyprus for 8 years, it does have fantastic beaches, I will go on booking.com but was looking for a recommendation from someone who has been recently.

We went years ago stayed in crappy digs near the harbour. It's my missus birthday late April and out of the blue she has said she wants to go for a week. She has said Nissi beach is the best beach we've ever been to. I'm happy if she's happy.
I know you said apartments but the Olympic Lagoon at Nissi Beach is fabulous.
Doing me head in trying to remember the name of the apartments. Can’t even find them on google :confused:

Here we go someone left the asylum doors open. To be fair it was a Mitsubishi Pajero and was really good motor.

I know you said apartments but the Olympic Lagoon at Nissi Beach is fabulous.
Doing me head in trying to remember the name of the apartments. Can’t even find them on google :confused:
Yes so I've heard but I don't want to pay big bucks as this will be a filler holiday, it's unexpected as we have plans for later in the year. Thanks.
@ Janey TBH I don't want to stay in a hotel either.

Last edited:
Still love Cyprus like, been about 12 times to ayia napa, right back to when it was class. Been put off recently with every pub/bar doing sheeshas and the young’uns walking around with balloons on their lips. The bars sell them.

Anyway, for the OP, Napa Plaza I found decent recently.

Still love Cyprus like, been about 12 times to ayia napa, right back to when it was class. Been put off recently with every pub/bar doing sheeshas and the young’uns walking around with balloons on their lips. The bars sell them.

Anyway, for the OP, Napa Plaza I found decent recently.
Cheers but that's a hotel.

Just do a Tui/first choice late deal no problem in April.
I might do that but usually go independent.

Yes so I've heard but I don't want to pay big bucks as this will be a filler holiday, it's unexpected as we have plans for later in the year. Thanks.
@ Janey TBH I don't want to stay in a hotel either.
No bother.
They aren’t the apartments I was thinking of but the Senator were okay, and if it’s April and so early in the season nowhere is going to be mad daft.
Bloody loved my times in Ayia Napa.
Last time we were there, me cousins 18 year old daughter was there on her first girly holiday. I woke up to a text she’d sent about 4/5.00 am. Janey we’ve just come off the party boat and are in the Square come and have a drink.
Aye, I wish if only I hadn’t been 50 and in bed fast asleep :lol:

No bother.
They aren’t the apartments I was thinking of but the Senator were okay, and if it’s April and so early in the season nowhere is going to be mad daft.
Bloody loved my times in Ayia Napa.
Last time we were there, me cousins 18 year old daughter was there on her first girly holiday. I woke up to a text she’d sent about 4/5.00 am. Janey we’ve just come off the party boat and are in the Square come and have a drink.
Aye, I wish if only I hadn’t been 50 and in bed fast asleep :lol:
Happy Days Janey. We are older than that but it's the sort of place where any age can enjoy it. We might have a walk to the square but we might not, we are gonna go for some sun and as I've said the beaches at Nissi bay and Fig tree bay must be the best in Europe.
We prefer Greece and always visit Skiathos this will be a bonus.

I e been to that area loads of times as my daughter lived in Cyprus for 8 years, it does have fantastic beaches, I will go on booking.com but was looking for a recommendation from someone who has been recently.
Ask a good travel agent.

Happy Days Janey. We are older than that but it's the sort of place where any age can enjoy it. We might have a walk to the square but we might not, we are gonna go for some sun and as I've said the beaches at Nissi bay and Fig tree bay must be the best in Europe.
We prefer Greece and always visit Skiathos this will be a bonus.
I love Cyprus and the people.
First time I went to Ayia Napa was with a friend and her one year old son, he had/has quite a noticeable red birth mark on his face. The waiters were so concerned we’d let him get burnt.
Went back loads, about 3 times a year, for a good few years, used to walk into Bedrock and the bloke on the mike would say oh my God they are back. :)
Agree about age, when we went to Olympic Lagoon we went into Ayia Napa a couple of nights and loved people watching. It’s what you make it. But was also happy chilling away from the madness :)

Back