Axed rail routes may be reopened under new Department for Transport plans

Great. Leamside line link. Link up Washington with Sunderland. While they are on with that, should be a cycle track alongside the line. Would increase cycle commuting at not much extra cost.

Why the right royal fuck would anyone want to go into Consett?
I suggest the next time you visit the North East and have a look,
A town that was absolutely destroyed when the steel works closed has over a number of years pulled itself up from it's bootstraps. New housing going up and being sold as the prices are quite reasonable
The town has turned into a sort of dormitory town for people working in Newcastle and Durham with poor public transport links.
Your comment is typical southern based claptrap about a north east town you know nowt about,

Bad luck on the cyclists and walkers who use the old rail lines.
But it looks very likely that there will be Metro services to the IAMP.

I suggest the next time you visit the North East and have a look,
A town that was absolutely destroyed when the steel works closed has over a number of years pulled itself up from it's bootstraps. New housing going up and being sold as the prices are quite reasonable
The town has turned into a sort of dormitory town for people working in Newcastle and Durham with poor public transport links.
Your comment is typical southern based claptrap about a north east town you know nowt about,

If Consett got a rail link I’d definitely consider a move there but as it is, it’s an hour on the bus to Newcastle for work which makes it a bit of a pain tbh.

Back