Away Travel - Cheap Train Ticket Release Dates

Train tkts just booked for Tranmere away January 28th.....great price paid for the return journey.

Travelodge booked months ago in Liverpool City Centre (don't need an expensive, poncey hotel with a Jacuzzi for a football away day - cheap 'n' cheerful for me).

Looking forward to this one.....cracking away day this and under the Birkenhead floodlights too:cool:

Propper away this, unlike MK Dons we play earlier in the month...plastic club in a plastic stadium.

Prenton Park always been one of my favourite football grounds.

Hope for your sake the Tranmere game doesn’t get moved to the Wednesday due to them being in an FA Cup game on the Sunday! (They have a 3rd Round replay with a potential 4th Round home tie v Wolves or Man U).

what is thought of as a good price, return to london, on a weekend?

or say train down on good friday for wimbledon game, back on the saturday or sunday?

should i be expecting to get it for less than £50 return?

what is thought of as a good price, return to london, on a weekend?

or say train down on good friday for wimbledon game, back on the saturday or sunday?

should i be expecting to get it for less than £50 return?

Around £50 Return is a good price these days.
Potentially cheaper with a Railcard!

Around £50 Return is a good price these days.
Potentially cheaper with a Railcard!

i'm guessing you have to be on the ball on the exact day they come out? what if your return is the next day, i'm guessing you have to wait another day to get discount on both legs of the journey?

i hate the rail system in this country. i want to go visit a mate in london on 21st march (we aren't playing) and am about 10 weeks in advance, impossible to get a return ticket for under £100. absolute disgrace

i'm guessing you have to be on the ball on the exact day they come out? what if your return is the next day, i'm guessing you have to wait another day to get discount on both legs of the journey?

i hate the rail system in this country. i want to go visit a mate in london on 21st march (we aren't playing) and am about 10 weeks in advance, impossible to get a return ticket for under £100. absolute disgrace

Advance Tickets (normally the cheapest) for 21st March have not been released by LNER yet, think this is due to ongoing Railworks on the East Coast Mainline.
The best option is go to the LNER website (Make www.lner.co.uk your home for booking train travel.), scroll down to the bottom of the page and sign up for Early Bird Ticket Alerts. They will then email you when your specific dates become bookable.
Note: You have to be quick to get the best prices.
Good luck!

all tickets should be out now for all future away (and home) games for rest of this season with Rotherham realised last week

Tried to use LNER group booking for 12 of us but worked out cheaper booking two lots of six so don't accept that using the group booking service will always be cheaper. They will however seat you all together where possible.

Where are you travelling from for the Rotherham game. Its down as a 12pm kick off and the train from Durham can't get us to Rotherham until 11.17am

07.49 from the Dark Side to Leeds, then 09.25 to Rotherham, which is due in at 10.17 (I used trainsplit.com).
07.49 from the Dark Side to Leeds, then 09.25 to Rotherham, which is due in at 10.17 (I used trainsplit.com).

Edit: The train I'm on stops at Durham at 08.01 (Trans Pennine).

Last edited:
Where are you travelling from for the Rotherham game. Its down as a 12pm kick off and the train from Durham can't get us to Rotherham until 11.17am

Split ya bookings.
1. Durham (08:01) to Leeds (09:12), £6.10 with Railcard.
2. Leeds (09:25) to Rotherham (10:17), £7.65 Day Return with Railcard.
3. Leeds (15:51) to Durham (17:04), £6.10 with Railcard.
Round trip for £19.85. ✅✅

Back