Away Travel - Cheap Train Ticket Release Dates

I think its only Burton thats been called off atm, so Bristol is on, AFAIK. I have tweeted the club and Chris Waters

Flights from Ponteland were around £60 return when I first looked - prices are now from £82 going late Friday, back late Sunday. Coming back Monday works out £67 per person.
Cheapest train, no railcard etc is £162 for 1 person

Last edited:

I think it's been mentioned previously but there's an option of a Groupsave discount when 3-9 people travel together that gives a third off advance fares - no railcard required. I feel it's something that definitely should be considered for those that travel in singles or pairs.
This was brought about by me looking for Wycombe travel and seeing a return price of £131!

Last edited:
if Bristol is called off its likely to be a mid-week in November

What are the chances of Bristol being rescheduled? I was a student was in Bristol back in the day and lived close to the Memorial Ground so it would be great to make a proper weekend of it and revisit some of my old haunts.

aye, need to wait it its called off/postponed, but wont be a weekend game anymore unless we're both out the cup before then

Bloody hell that's like a week before the match isnt it? How are people supposed to arrange Bristol away in less than a week

Gillingham Tickets out this weekend..

currently for 1 adult is £156 return
1 Adult and Child with F&F RC is £132

Should be less than this after weekend as thats the 12 week cut off

Gillingham Tickets out this weekend..

currently for 1 adult is £156 return
1 Adult and Child with F&F RC is £132

Should be less than this after weekend as thats the 12 week cut off
Dates on LNER doesnt go as far as Dec 7?

Edit - Nov 2nd isnt even out yet.

Dates on LNER doesnt go as far as Dec 7?

Edit - Nov 2nd isnt even out yet.

Neither is October 26th weekend. I spoke to someone from LNER about it because I’m waiting for tickets for that weekend for a non football related journey and they said they try to meet the 12 weeks in advance period but it relies on them getting timetables approved by National Rail.

Yeah, there's a huge lag on their ticket issuing because of engineering works and unknown consequences so far. I think Grand Central might now be available mind.
So the cheapest ones are meant to be 12 weeks notice, if this changes to 5-6 weeks notice when they come out will they be £100+ instead of the usual £30-35?

So the cheapest ones are meant to be 12 weeks notice, if this changes to 5-6 weeks notice when they come out will they be £100+ instead of the usual £30-35?

They should still start at the cheapest price tier as normal, although worth noting LNER have started severely restricting more trains in terms of the advance tiers they start at (specifically noticed this on Saturday trains out of Kings Cross). Worth checking trainsplit.com when they do become available because I saved plenty with a split at Peterborough.

prices based on Thetrainline.com as this gives all options not just LNER.
Work being carried out on ECML, 27th tickets released last Friday. I’m waiting for 3rd Dec tickets to be released to get to NFL game at Wembley.

Back