Away Travel - Cheap Train Ticket Release Dates

Dunno if it's been mentioned but those looking to travel to Wycombe on 19th October there are engineering works on the line from Marylebone to Wycombe. It is possible to go to Marylebone-Aylesbury then Aylesbury-Wycombe or there is a bus replacement to Wycombe from Amersham.

Book via Crosscountry and you can amend advances without a fee.

I may be wrong...but by amend they mean you don't pay the usual £10 rip-off fee, but you still have to buy another ticket for your new travel date..and often it is more expensive ( as all the cheaper advance tickets are gone)..and if it is a higher price you have to pay the balance...

I may be wrong...but by amend they mean you don't pay the usual £10 rip-off fee, but you still have to buy another ticket for your new travel date..and often it is more expensive ( as all the cheaper advance tickets are gone)..and if it is a higher price you have to pay the balance...
Absolutely correct

Yeah - that's correct.

National Rail have confirmed timetables for 19 October now so trains should go on sale for Wycombe with LNER on Friday at 10am. AIUI Grand Central release on Mondays so should be Monday coming for tickets with them.

it is

I think there's fuck all in and out of Wycombe for that Saturday mate.

One RR Bus from Amersham.

Again though, remember if you book via Crosscountry (for any train operating company, not just them) and you can amend advances without a fee.

Re RR: ah, shite!

Again though, remember if you book via Crosscountry (for any train operating company, not just them) and you can amend advances without a fee.

Re RR: ah, shite!
The RR kinda scuppers it.

An idea would be to put a bus on. Or a minibus if you don't want all the hassle.

Back