Away fans

The away fans being up top seems to be killing our home record. What is it now? 2 home defeats in a season and a half?

I suggest the away fans are moved to wherever the people who want them moved currently sit.

Wont happen as that is probably the corner the biggest percentage of our fans arrive and leave by. Its on the way to the Wearmouth Bridge. The South stand has been sold as the home end and we have had the flags and stuff there. Putting the away fans back there is a complete non starter now as it would piss off some of the most vocal fans we have and the club would not be that stupid. It would be a PR disaster. There will be people pissed off wherever we move them if we do.
I agree with every word. I would be double pissed off as I had to move from my seat at the back of the North Stand to accommodate the Black Cat Bar seats.

Where exactly would you put them......without causing grief for home fans who don’t want to move from wherever?
N.east corner. If there is a bigger away following put the rest of them where they are now. Similar to when we were at old Trafford for the league cup semi.
If we ever get back to the top flight.... the away fans need to be pitch side I think. Not sure if that's started yet,but seem to remember that being mentioned. However not sure if the mags are ignoring that.

They should be in the south stand, right behind the goal. It would be a top money spinner to free up thousands of prime seats to be taken by (for example) 50 Burton fans. I'm surprised Donald didn't think of it sooner

:lol:
The plan was to do it for next season, because they couldn’t do it for this year, but it’s no longer happening due to certain things.

Nice one

Last edited:
SEC. Never understood why we put our family section next to the singing section.

Family zone in the NEC, aways in the SEC. Singing section will have fans to bounce off, may introduce some noise in the East Stand and will make the lower bowl look fuller.

Designate the South Stand as the home end and kick towards it in the second half.

One thing I have wondered a few times is why we always seem to shoot towards SS in the first half. It is working ok at the minute mind :lol:

SW Corner would be the sensible option if they were moved.

Couldn't be the South East as it's been renovated into a family zone. It's right next to the fan zone and home buses. It's also the main route the home fans take after the game. Would be a disaster.

Couldn't be the South Stand as that's the 'Home End'.

The only other place in the stadium would be somewhere across the North Stand which would mean it'd be pointless to move, and they may aswell stay where they are.

South West would be the only sensible option.

The atmosphere would still be the same if they were moved back down. Football has changed and the majority going have no interest in being the ones to create an atmosphere. Hence why our away fans are quiet the majority of the time these days too.

Couldn't be the South East as it's been renovated into a family zone. It's right next to the fan zone and home buses. It's also the main route the home fans take after the game. Would be a disaster.

The only other place in the stadium would be somewhere across the North Stand which would mean it'd be pointless to move, and they may aswell stay where they are.

Not with the executive boxes directly behind

I agree with this. The logistics would offer a few problems though both in and out of the ground. The concourses would the easiest bit though.

...you do know in EVERY single ground in the country, not every single supporter sings?. Can't force people man. Do your bit and get on with it, if they want to join in they will.
That's why we created a singing end for people to go who wanted to sing. Not much point having a singing end full of f***ing corpses

N.east corner. If there is a bigger away following put the rest of them where they are now. Similar to when we were at old Trafford for the league cup semi.
If we ever get back to the top flight.... the away fans need to be pitch side I think. Not sure if that's started yet,but seem to remember that being mentioned. However not sure if the mags are ignoring that.
You’re ignoring my question as to why we should move people from the NE corner, it is a concession area too so that would go down well.

Put them in the corner of the East stand (next to the north stand)
Or the NE Corner. I know you are going to inconvenience a few SC holders but lets face it, more were when the Prem. Concourse was closed and we survived that crisis. Don't see the point of shutting the entire upper tier then opening a corner of it for a couple of thousand away fans.

Costs money , not a priority, won’t be happening.
Always a good debate tho, even back when they were in the South Stand behind the goal. Big open spaces and looked bad on tv iirc. so the best option would be in a corner if they came down again.
Problem there is that as we hopefully progress up the leagues there will potentially be bigger numbers of away fans and a corner might ultimately be too small .
Just leave them where they are , more important things to worry about imo.

Was never a disaster when threy were previously housed in the South Stand

Back