Average house price of where you live

Here man. He's no better off than his brother up here ffs. (Who lives in a fantastic 5 bedroom detached house in Sedgefield with about an acres worth of garden and an indoor pool complex).
No my brother is wealthy.. well he was but think his wife has spent loads.. again right place rigth time to do a management buy out and then sell it on.

but he likes to soend it.. flash cars, very flash holidays and fuck knwos how much on designer labels... put stirbling mackem to shame but he is in a postion to do so, personally I find it distasteful and crass in the most part..

No my brother is wealthy.. well he was but think his wife has spent loads.. again right place rigth time to do a management buy out and then sell it on.

but he likes to soend it.. flash cars, very flash holidays and fuck knwos how much on designer labels... put stirbling mackem to shame but he is in a postion to do so, personally I find it distasteful and crass in the most part..

Each to their own I suppose.

I find a lot of material possessions I’ve owned as a waste of money and want to declutter from a lot of it.

I suspect your income is somewhere in the 70-100k range, based on what you do, where you’re based etc. You’re selling a house atm so probably chance to make money off that as well. If you were able to get a London mortgage you must have a pretty good income.

No it’s more than that actually.

The small willies club and ugly as a box of crabs thread.

Anyway, paid out £950,000 for mine but wouldn't dream about mentioning THAT

- I usually lay in the cut about these things honestly

Sorry mate - my like was before you quoted me.

My brothers wife text me once saying the bathroom tap wasn’t turning off properly with a slow stream of water. I told her I’d get my plumber to call around and she text back if he could come around in the next 20mins as she had to go out 🤦‍♂️
He'll like this.

Been speaking to mine at 10am for a few mods and sods, £12k bath installation. Getting here on Saturday anarl. Working the self builds in Seaton Village currently.

Splendiferous.

Someone who owns several homes has wealth and it’s not like they’d struggle to sell them in today’s market

not to mention the funds required to actually accumulate several properties in the first place!

You could split the equity on a current house you live in, move into another house and get a buy to let mortgage on the existing property.

You now earn 2 properties but I wouldn’t do it.
Definitely have to weigh up the total package to understand wealth.

Wouldn’t buy two properties, never would rent one out.
Each to their own I suppose.

I find a lot of material possessions I’ve owned as a waste of money and want to declutter from a lot of it.

Live the life like my old Dad (bless him and RIP)
Didn’t even leave enough money to bury himself, to this day reckon I must own some shares in some breweries :)
Let’s just say Mum (no not Mam) struggled and it was tough. Best childhood though I could ever have had. just wonderful with perfect memories and would just love to go back in time just for a few days.
Very little Money but we learnt to cope - magical.

My kids ate spoilt in comparison but it’s a vastly different life and you adjust to the environment.

Last edited:
You could split the equity on a current house you live in, move into another house and get a buy to let mortgage on the existing property.

Didn’t even leave enough money to bury himself, to this day reckon I must own some shares in some breweries :)
Let’s just say Mum (no not Mam) struggled and it was tough. Best childhood though I could ever have had. just wonderful with perfect memories and would just love to go back in time just for a few days.

My kids ate spoilt in comparison but it’s a vastly different life and you adjust to the environment.

I worked flat out 7 days a week for years and missed time with my kids telling myself I was doing it all for them but in reality I became addicted to making money - make hay whilst the sun shines and all that.

Looking back I regret it as I burnt myself out and can’t take the time back I missed with kids when they were younger. I was home every night but often late when they were in bed and if not exhausted. Kids are still young, one is at Durham college and other is working but applying for engineering apprenticeships but I’ve more time for them now then when they were little.

Everyone should want their kids to better their themselves . I’d be a bit miffed if she did it at the expense of others mind you

Everyone should want their kids to better their themselves . I’d be a bit miffed if she did it at the expense of others mind you

Mum (Mam) an incredible Woman. Mid 80’ and even now puts all the elderly in her street first. You won’t change her.
Gave us everything she possibly could.
Ring her every day without fail.
I worked flat out 7 days a week for years and missed time with my kids telling myself I was doing it all for them but in reality I became addicted to making money - make hay whilst the sun shines and all that.

Looking back I regret it as I burnt myself out and can’t take the time back I missed with kids when they were younger. I was home every night but often late when they were in bed and if not exhausted. Kids are still young, one is at Durham college and other is working but applying for engineering apprenticeships but I’ve more time for them now then when they were little.

You seem a real decent lad and more importantly in tune with yourself.
I feel lucky that I had the time to spend with mine, weekends were sacred.
What did I do? Dragged them to a life of misery supporting that shite from Wiltshire:)
Honestly reckon the eldest gets it big time now and absolutely loves it.
Spending time with your kids even now mate superb. 👍🍺

Last edited:

Back