Average house price of where you live

Only if you own them... Many people who have bought investment properties only cover their costs and many don't even do that but are hoping for appreciation

Yes with aim of (hopefully good) tenants essentially paying the btl mortgage off in rent paid over the years leaving the landlord with a pension property.

other than holidays Im happy going to my local... holidays has always been an expense but wouldnt give them up.

only last 5 years we have had what you call a decent car.. prior to that we have ran the wifes company car and bought it off the lease company with 80,000 on the clock

My main thing is dont have anything on tick.. if I cant afford it I dont buy it.. I wait until I have the cash. Occasionally credit card might run over without being paid fully off but that isnt very often

its a slope people go down with cars, phones etc.. it soon ramps up to find yourself paying 500+ a month on repayments
I don't buy anything unless I have the readies. The fact that the utilities bills will be rocketing and filling the car up is way ahead of pensioners budgets is worrying. Saving money by using the bath water after the wife is a bit extreme but she refuses to do it the other way round.

I don't buy anything unless I have the readies. The fact that the utilities bills will be rocketing and filling the car up is way ahead of pensioners budgets is worrying. Saving money by using the bath water after the wife is a bit extreme but she refuses to do it the other way round.

Ive had the same car for 10yrs, bought it outright from new, not bothered if it lasts another 5-10yrs as it’s in very good shape - don’t bother on holidaying abroad as I’ve done all that and generally find them shit. I don’t buy overpriced designer clothes and don’t have any debt other than investment properties which I’ve scaled down anyway. Change my phone every 3yrs or so - Apple do zero percent finance so why pay upfront - and go sim only.

Luckily I prefer to shower rather than take a bath ;)

Blimey, your money goes a lot further in the NE.

It’s all relative though.
Indeed . My brother has a fantastic 5 bedroom house with about an acre and an indoor pool complex near Sedgefield.. I bet it's not worth any different much to mine.. a 4 bed link detached
How much would you estimate that property in Essex be if it were situated in Cobham out of interest?
If that property was in many other parts of Essex it could be 500k cheaper .

Epping and a few other places like upminster carry a premium

Last edited:

Back