Average house price of where you live

About 75k for a three bed ex-council house round my way (Shildon). Apparently we were billed as the cheapest place to live in the U.K. a while back. We bought ours for 36k in 2003 so I’ll take that.

About 75k for a three bed ex-council house round my way (Shildon). Apparently we were billed as the cheapest place to live in the U.K. a while back. We bought ours for 36k in 2003 so I’ll take that.
Sold me dad's house 9 or so years ago in bishop for about 40k

3 bedroom with a detached garage.. wish I'd bought me brothers and sister out and kept it as a bolt hole

Zoopla reckons my home is worth £310k.

Whoopy doo- but I’ve no intention to sell up any time soon.

Checked a few other properties I let out and apparently some have risen over 50%.

Are we in a housing bubble which inevitably leads to a crash?

Ran me properties through Zoopla and very surprised at the guide prices.. doubt those would be achieved but bloody hell
House opposite me sold first day on market for bang in middle of Zoopla guide prices.
Zoopla reckons my home is worth £310k.

Whoopy doo- but I’ve no intention to sell up any time soon.

Checked a few other properties I let out and apparently some have risen over 50%.

Are we in a housing bubble which inevitably leads to a crash?
Wait until interest rates start to rise, last time inflation was 4% interest rates were 6%, something has got to give soon.

Last edited:
Incredible how many people on here are landlords with multiple properties in their portfolio mind :lol:

Same people that claim they’re not wealthy iirc
Said it plenty, either this forum is a blip and somehow a north east based football forum appeals to the very rich for some reason that we probably can't fathom

or there's something else afoot. The boasting and bragging veiled as discussion isn't particularly appealing tbh

See the minted landlord with many properties in the post above as an example. Imagine having that lunatic as a landlord?

Said it plenty, either this forum is a blip and somehow a north east based football forum appeals to the very rich for some reason that we probably can't fathom

or there's something else afoot. The boasting and bragging veiled as discussion isn't particularly appealing tbh

See the minted landlord with many properties in the post above as an example. Imagine having that lunatic as a landlord?
made no secret I have two properties other than the one i live in. I've lived in all of them and managed to overpay each time so when I've moved I've released a bit of equity which has financed the next.,., plus used any inheritances I've had

not rocket science. best advice I'd give anyone with a mortgage is to overpay if they can. even if its a tenner a month...

only wealthy if you can spend it... on paper it looks great.. if you sell your house you need to buy another house... only downsizing will you be able to realise some value

Plus paying out for new boilers, new kitchens, plumbers, electricians, carpets, painting and decorating, tenants ringing you in the middle of the night informing high winds have taken a roof tile off, etc etc.

only wealthy if you can spend it... on paper it looks great.. if you sell your house you need to buy another house... only downsizing will you be able to realise some value

Sell your house and buy another? No mate I’m on about people who have multiple properties. Seems we have an awful lot of landlords on the SMB.

Plus paying out for new boilers, new kitchens, plumbers, electricians, carpets, painting and decorating, tenants ringing you in the middle of the night informing high winds have taken a roof tile off, etc etc.
well touch wood I have good tenants over the years and never too stressful... then again I rent them out under market rate so they know they are onto a decent thing.

made no secret I have two properties other than the one i live in. I've lived in all of them and managed to overpay each time so when I've moved I've released a bit of equity which has financed the next.,., plus used any inheritances I've had

not rocket science. best advice I'd give anyone with a mortgage is to overpay if they can. even if its a tenner a month...

You must have overpaid a canny amount mind. Which is fine you do you, just grates on me when people like yourself pretend you’re not wealthy

Sell your house and buy another? No mate I’m on about people who have multiple properties. Seems we have an awful lot of landlords on the SMB.
lot of landlords around the country.. accidental or otherwise.. interest rates have been shite for years on your savings so people moved elsewhere... if interest rates had been buzzing around the 3-5% mark you would have seen a lot less landlords

Back