Average GP now works 3.5 days per week

So you want to give tax breaks to the wealthy?

I want policies designed and implemented in a way that is most beneficial to the country as a whole. Reducing tax breaks for the wealthy is all well and good but if it means less well off in some parts of the country are suffering due to lack of doctors it’s not necessarily a good policy.

Trying to reduce this to ‘wanting to give tax breaks to the wealthy’ is not constructive. Policies need to take into account all of their possible impacts and potentially be adjusted to reduce these if necessary.

Last time I went to see one, the young doctor went on f***ing Wikipedia to help exlain what I had. Hope they're using the extra time to read up on stuff

tell that to my surgery. I cant get an appointment. I got a letter from my gp to make an non urgent appointment re xray results. called in, nearest appointment was 6 weeks (not being selective with days or times)
To clarify, when I go to my surgery, maybe 3 or 4 practices within, never more than a few in each waiting room. As you say you have yo wait that long now for apointments GPs (or some crafty ones) have organised themselves an easy life. I am a huge fan of nhs but there are too many elements of it draining it dry. Tories helping them.

To clarify, when I go to my surgery, maybe 3 or 4 practices within, never more than a few in each waiting room. As you say you have yo wait that long now for apointments GPs (or some crafty ones) have organised themselves an easy life. I am a huge fan of nhs but there are too many elements of it draining it dry. Tories helping them.
tell that to the junior doctors union, who are aiming for another year of action. its a lefty union causing bother.
my practice manager is very anti government, says so in his notes. so why does it take 6 weeks to get a telephone consultation over an xray in which has already been examined by other doctor, so therefore just reporting the written word.

That's says more about your family than NHS , TBH.

They aren’t the ones dossing, it’s them picking up the slack of the dossers and the dossers getting the same percentage payrise.

The wonderful world of the public sector where mediocrity is rewarded.

They aren’t the ones dossing, it’s them picking up the slack of the dossers and the dossers getting the same percentage payrise.

The wonderful world of the public sector where mediocrity is rewarded.

Have you ever considered you’re only hearing one side of the story?

I wonder if their colleagues go home and complain about them too.

I’m sure they are all making it up for my entertainment.

I mean it’s not like people ever feel unjustifiably aggrieved at work and then give their partners a one-sided story.

I know you’ve got a hard on for complaining about the public sector but I’m sure your family are no better or worse than your typical public sector worker.

I mean it’s not like people ever feel unjustifiably aggrieved at work and then give their partners a one-sided story.

I know you’ve got a hard on for complaining about the public sector but I’m sure your family are no better or worse than your typical public sector worker.

You have a hard on for defending the public sector.

All well above average in terms of aptitude and application.

Back