Autumn

This is what I thought. Around 21st march and 21st September are usually the equinoxes signalling the official start of spring and autumn and 21st June and December for the solstices signalling the start of summer and winter.
aye ...

This year the autumn equinox in the northern hemisphere takes place on September 23 - the same day as the beginning of astronomical autumn.

The autumn equinox marks the day when the northern hemisphere slightly tilts away from the sun, meaning days become shorter and the temperature begins to cool.

This carries on until the winter solstice

Autumn is a wanker. I had to scrape a bit of frost off the car this morning.

aye ...

This year the autumn equinox in the northern hemisphere takes place on September 23 - the same day as the beginning of astronomical autumn.

The autumn equinox marks the day when the northern hemisphere slightly tilts away from the sun, meaning days become shorter and the temperature begins to cool.

This carries on until the winter solstice

Days become shorter after June 21st shirley?

I am never keen on the Summer Solstice as it does mean that the days are getting shorter albeit very subtly. The ancients had it right with a big celebration at the Winter Solstice to mark the return of the sun and longer days.

The alarm goes off and it’s still dark then you have to force yourself to get out of your nice warm bed and out into the cold. :cry::evil:

Back