Australian Pink Floyd

Brit Floyd are as good as Aussie Floyd although problies equally expensive.

There's also Think Floyd - there's only about 5 of them and they don't do the big shows but they are pretty good.

I saw Think Floyd years ago at the Empire..were ok..bass player was a ringer for Waters..saw another one called UK Pink Floyd Experience..also at the Empire..ok just played too much Division Bell for my liking.

I saw Think Floyd years ago at the Empire..were ok..bass player was a ringer for Waters..saw another one called UK Pink Floyd Experience..also at the Empire..ok just played too much Division Bell for my liking.
To me the likes of Division Bell and anything after the Wall isn't really Pink Floyd.They were finished after the Wall.

Some of the earlier stuff was abject shite. The honeymoon period was Dark side and the wall. There are other glimpses of outstanding music, but nothing coherent. I do prefer Dave's version of Floyd over Rodger's.
To me they were class from Meddle to Animals,some of the Wall was ok .everything before and after is some of the shiteist music ever made.

I quite like 'Piper at the gates of dawn'..bits of it are poor but it's got a charm about it and obviously being heavily influenced by Syd it's 'out there'..for me from 'Meddle'..through to 'Animals'..that's the Floyd i love..the reincarnation stuff..'Momentary lapse of reason'..and 'Division Bell'..they have their moments but it's just Radio 2 music to me.

I saw Think Floyd at the empire back in 2007. Good band, good set list too.

That'll be the one I was at..a Friday night IIRC..they were OK.

Last edited:

Back