Australia 🇦🇺 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 1st Ashes Test ⚱️ Brisbane

I'm not sure why so many people are surprised at the score, take out Root and Stokes
as an all rounder and our batting is as brittle as I can ever remember. As previously posted, we're just not very good.
Roots got a shit record in Aus and Stokes hasn’t played for almost a year too. It’s so painful to watch this unfortunately. Managed until just before lunch and couldn’t bare anymore. Very sad when it’s the first session of the first test of a 5 test series and I’m mentally finished already
f***ing hell man, hopefully it rains for 2 months
I’d bite your hands off for a 0-0 series now

As others have said I don’t think it’s any surprise at all really. Their 3 seamers are better than ours in Australian conditions, Far better spinner and 3 really good batsman. 2 or 3 max of our team get in their side.

technique looked all over the place front foot comes right across the ball and he cant get back across - seems a big issue that should have been picked up ages ago.
Warne mentions it often, he will find horrible ways to get out with his technique. Sibley was poor but thought his method was a bit more reliable

Stopped watching after the Burns dismissal. All you want is your opener to settle things down and he gets out like that
Quite. I managed up to the Stokes dismissal.
Looking at the quick highlights, I would say that Australia bowled very well and were otherwise too good for us. I think there were four poor dismissals: Burns, Malan, Pope and Robinson.

Stopped watching after the Burns dismissal. All you want is your opener to settle things down and he gets out like that
That ball summed up all his technical faults in one delivery.

Everything was on the move and it finished with him missing a half volley on leg stump, which Jack Leach would have clipped for 4.

I don’t want to be over critical but England really haven’t got a clue what they are doing batting wise.

I honestly believe I wouldn’t have as many ducks in test cricket at this stage as Burns even if I was using a tennis racket.

Get to 200 and game on......got more than enough bowling to skittle them....
Have we ?

Robinson 4 Tests, Stokes nothing for a year, Leach hasn't played in yonks, Wood fast, expensive and doesn't clean sides out, Woakes is ok but not a good record in Oz.

Two of them need to be on top form to skittle them

Back