Australia 🇦🇺 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 1st Ashes Test ⚱️ Brisbane

People staying up on Tuesday then?

Thankfully I’m WFH so might stay up and just snooze on the settee depending on what’s happening.
I'm hoping BT Sport have a replay function. Like they do the football on the app.

I can never do an all nighter with Ashes. Usually first session is all I manage.

Last three I had recordable sky boxes at me parents. Not that they were worth watching.

People staying up on Tuesday then?

Thankfully I’m WFH so might stay up and just snooze on the settee depending on what’s happening.

Working home Wednesday so will be staying up. Will review the situation at lunch and see if it's worth stopping up further.

Work Thursday and Friday so will probs watch the first hour and up at 5.30 watch a bit

That Aussie team is no great shakes.

I know we rely on Root to get runs but take out Smith and Labuschagne and that batting lineup looks every bit as fragile as ours.

I know we rely on Root to get runs but take out Smith and Labuschagne and that batting lineup looks every bit as fragile as ours.
Every bit as fragile as ours is pushing it a bit like considering they also have a bloke who averages 48 opening the batting.

Problem is we can never take out Smith and Labuschagne looked almost as good as him in 2019.

I agree but Smith is special. I have never seen a batsman with a better eye. Particularly at test level.

England have had a dreadful preparation and I honestly think it would be a miracle for us to win this test.
I remember back in the day stopping up when me mam and dad thought I was asleep listening to the ashes. Grainy commentary on long wave and Botham and Broad smashing them. I absolutely loved it. Happy days. Well, nights.

Last edited:
I agree but Smith is special. I have never seen a batsman with a better eye. Particularly at test level.

England have had a dreadful preparation and I honestly think it would be a miracle for us to win this test.
I remember back in the day stopping up when me mam and dad thought I was asleep listening to the ashes. Grainy commentary on long wave and Botham and Broad smashing them. I absolutely loved it. Happy days. Well, nights.
I’d say Lara had as good an eye

Well I'm delighted I will be able to watch as live. Without suffering past 2am every night.

"In addition to being able to watch all the action online and on TV, BT Sport customers will be able to watch every ball live on the BT Sport app with our popular Timeline functionality.

Previously only on your mobile and tablet, it is now available on selected large screen devices for the very first time. Part of the Matchday Experience, the Timeline allows fans to re-watch highlights such as boundaries, wickets, dropped catches and more, and move seamlessly back to the live action."

Back