Austrailian Same Sex Marriage Vote (you thought Brexit was bad?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nope. I'm fine with a union of some kind with a different name, but don't call it the same thing. You don't call a boat a f***ing car just because it can go at the same speeds.

Because that's the basis of a language and communication.. is this a trick question?

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.”

:)

Nope. I'm fine with a union of some kind with a different name, but don't call it the same thing. You don't call a boat a f***ing car just because it can go at the same speeds.

what if 2 cars (or 2 boats for that matter) want to go at the same speed...?

what if 2 cars (or 2 boats for that matter) want to go at the same speed...?
Or a gay pride float full of mincers dressed like extras from Priscilla Queen of the Desert that wants to go at the same speed as a sensible family Nissan Micra.

To me it is the same as brexit in the sense that we elect and pay governments to do a job, and they should do it without passing the f***ing buck back to the people, like a hot potato, every time a politically difficult, backbone requiring issue comes up.

Or a gay pride float full of mincers dressed like extras from Priscilla Queen of the Desert that wants to go at the same speed as a sensible family Nissan Micra.

To me it is the same as brexit in the sense that we elect and pay governments to do a job, and they should do it without passing the f***ing buck pack to the people, like a hot potato, every time a politically difficult, backbone requiring issue comes up.

driven by a priest in a dress...?

I'm actually going to a same sex wedding next year it's the wife's mate from school. So I vote yes... each to there own I say it's 2017 ffs..
I was at one a few years back. the party on the night was absolutely batshit f***ing mental. One of if not the best wedding ive ever attended.

That's an absolutely ridiculous reason.

Why exactly do you think gay people should not be "married".
What about people who don't get married in a church. Are they "married" or are they in a "Best Western Partnership"?

That's an absolutely ridiculous reason.

Why exactly do you think gay people should not be "married".
What about people who don't get married in a church. Are they "married" or are they in a "Best Western Partnership"?
The Church didn't invent 'marriage' so if you are not married in a Christian church you are still 'married', so gay people are still married in my eyes.

To me it is the same as brexit in the sense that we elect and pay governments to do a job, and they should do it without passing the f***ing buck back to the people, like a hot potato, every time a politically difficult, backbone requiring issue comes up.

To be fair a gay pride float would have to *slow down* to go at the same speed as a micra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back