Austrailian Same Sex Marriage Vote (you thought Brexit was bad?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

People can if they wish, people are entitled to have an opposing opinion to it.

But this alone is why the debate over there is such a shit show.
My point was more, in 2017, people are still voting against this stuff being legal. It's pathetic really.

I'm actually going to a same sex wedding next year it's the wife's mate from school. So I vote yes... each to there own I say it's 2017 ffs..

it's not quite brexit mind, although if the 'yes' vote wins and the bill is not introduced in parliament (and passed) then the current government can kiss goodbye to the 2019 election...

various churches (mainly catholics priests who ironically wear dresses) are saying a "yes" vote will destroy society as we know it, the mongs.

Just been in touch with my cousin from Austrailia. She's supporting the introduction of same-sex marriage via a national "survey". It was originally meant to be a ballot box referendum or plebicite, however, has instead turned into a postal survey due to complications about referenda being compulsory to vote in and a formal plebecite being too expensive.

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2017/08/australian-same-sex-marriage-vote-everything-you-need-to-know/

The survey itself looks costly, so why can't they just have an online survey as it's not a formal election?

The point is they seem to be making a bigger arse of it than we did with the Brexit vote.

I note the debate itself looking elsewhere is covering all the bases of whether religious groups should be free of pressure to marry same sex couples. However, the question is a simple "Do you support same sex marriage?"
How would that be?

Yes. It was set up as an advisory referendum to placate some tories who'd fled to ukip. It was seen as being something that would never be a yes so, not much effort went into the remain campaign.

By not all politicians taking it seriously, we are left carrying the shit can for something that should never have happened: us and future generations.
Are you taking the piss?

Only problem with Brexit was the childlike sore losers who are still bellyaching on like spoilt brats that just had their chocolate taken away.

Is that significant in the question of whether they should be allowed to have equal marriage rights?

it was said tongue in cheek marra, I'm all for equal marraige rights, but also I believe their children should have equal religious rights if they choose to adopt, I mean imagine putting an islamic child through the trauma of gay parents, there would probably be an outcry.

As an aside it would be interesting what religion these two islamic foster kids were brought up with in the foster home in surrey, maybe we can learn something.

Why would there proportionally less than any other free country?

I imagine somewhere like Melbourne would probably have a huge LGBT community.

possibly marra, I just wouldn't have thought it would be encouraged so much over there.

Last edited:
Imagine voting against same sex marriage

The worst is when non-religious people are against it. There is literally no acceptable reason other than religous to be against it. I don't agree with relgious reasons either but it's been around longer than me.

it was said tongue in cheek marra, I'm all for equal marraige rights, but also I believe their children should have equal religious rights if they choose to adopt, I mean imagine putting an islamic child through the trauma of gay parents, there would probably be an outcry.

As an aside it would be interesting what religion these two islamic foster kids were brought up with in the foster home in surrey, maybe we can learn something.

possibly marra, I just wouldn't have thought it would be encouraged so much over there.

Well, always a pleasure watching your freeform jazz debating style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back