Austin Metro 40 years old

I had a metallic grey Rover Metro GTi and it was bloody great.... I drove it for about 3 years with no trouble then sold it to a friend and within a month the gearbox knacked and he scrapped it !!!

Used to really want one when I was at school, there was a sporty (Mg?) one in my walk home and used to love it, was loads better than my mams maestro.

My step dad had one, what a pile of shite :lol: seemed louder inside the car than outside. Got wrote off and we got a fiesta instead, infinitely better car from what I remember.

My marra had one about 30 years ago. Not exactly the height of luxury. Just seemed to be a window and a steering wheel and that's it. Not sure why people would get nostalgic about them. The whole lot should have been scrapped.

My first car was a white H Reg Rover Metro. Looking back never realised how small she was compared to the car I have now. Even though she was small, shake when I got over 50, rust along the edges of the doors and one of the window handles didn't work.... I still have fond memories of her.

Back