Aurora Borealis from County Durham 24/1/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got in, me and a mate got stopped by the coppers while near the shell dept. in Jarrow.

Police "Excuse me, can I just ask what you are doing this time of night"

Me "I'm doing some night photography"

Police "Isn't this a strange time to be doing that"

Me "That's when you do night photography, at night"

The two coppers then got out and explained that there was a lot of incidents of people taking pictures of the shell depo.. (I'm sure he was talking bullshit, but causing an issue would not have helped).

At this point they took down our addresses and asked for ID.

I opened my wallet and the first thing that popped out was my season ticket card lol.. I hoped to god he was not a mag.

After that we went on our merry way.

It's fair enough that they asked what we were up to as it is strange for a couple of blokes to be wandering around at 1:30am, but asking for our addresses and ID was too much.
:lol::lol: good to see we have these lads protecting society.

A lot of people photographing the shell depot :lol:

sorry 'incidents' :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
just been out, a few to many clouds for my liking, saw bot all......again, f***ing sick of chasing the bastard aurora now like, the money iv'e spent on petrol i couldv'e f***ing flown to iceland :lol:

from tonight anyway..
Logon or register to see this image

Nice, you should be happy anyway! :)

I drove up to Belsay in Northumberland, fuck all there either. :-(

Cracking picture all the same Clyde.

I will be if it's straight, lol, nahh got a couple of decent shots with nice cloud movement, just really bored of going there but its too handy for when it's late and time is short.

Last edited:
Just got in, me and a mate got stopped by the coppers while near the shell dept. in Jarrow.

Police "Excuse me, can I just ask what you are doing this time of night"

Me "I'm doing some night photography"

Police "Isn't this a strange time to be doing that"

Me "That's when you do night photography, at night"

The two coppers then got out and explained that there was a lot of incidents of people taking pictures of the shell depo.. (I'm sure he was talking bullshit, but causing an issue would not have helped).

At this point they took down our addresses and asked for ID.

I opened my wallet and the first thing that popped out was my season ticket card lol.. I hoped to god he was not a mag.

After that we went on our merry way.

It's fair enough that they asked what we were up to as it is strange for a couple of blokes to be wandering around at 1:30am, but asking for our addresses and ID was too much.

:) did they not ask to see your photeys? I know you don't need to show them, but it eases moments like this. That Troy Paiva bloke (Lost America) says he carries a few of his pictures around with him to demonstrate to confused police officers what he's doing. I've got a couple of mine on my phone, to help in situations like this - saves you carrying stuff about.

Have a look at this (it's on my phone too) explains what the polis and you can and can't do -

http://www.sirimo.co.uk/2009/05/14/uk-photographers-rights-v2/

A recent edition of digital camera had a handy foldaway guide on the relevant laws, your rights, fuzz rights and private security rights. It's in my bag. Steeeeed is buzzing for a confrontation.

i'd run away me like, :-D
got some queer looks off the police the other week, walking into a graveyard with all my gear at about 11pm. Luckily they were too busy breaking down someones front door with a battering ram!

got some queer looks off the police the other week, walking into a graveyard with all my gear at about 11pm. Luckily they were too busy breaking down someones front door with a battering ram!

:lol: I was out at 5am a couple weeks back doing the sunrise, copper was no bother, even let me stay in a disabled space, for free, in a pay and display car park!

ayesane said:
i'd run away me like, :-D

My guide has a bit in it about photographing people, including kids, in public. I'll copy that bit for you after that incident down the quayside :)

Little charv lass to ayesane: "how man why yer takin me foto for?"
Steeeeed: "cos he's a nonce."

That shut her up :)

My guide has a bit in it about photographing people, including kids, in public. I'll copy that bit for you after that incident down the quayside :)

Little charv lass to ayesane: "how man why yer takin me foto for?"
Steeeeed: "cos he's a nonce."

That shut her up :)

scruffy Benwell kids.

Good looking lasses: "are you lads photographers?"

Sean: "are you girls models?" :lol: cheesey as fuck.

scruffy Benwell kids.

Good looking lasses: "are you lads photographers?"

Sean: "are you girls models?" :lol: cheesey as fuck.

er... at the risk of missing the blatantly obvious here...

pics???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back