August SMB Photography Competition - Bygone Times - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bloody hell - my arse twitched just looking at the picture :lol:

the adventure for this afternoon has been put on hold. Made me sarnies, packed the camera in the ruck sack, jumped on the bike do go down to the riverside and flat tire!!

fixed the flat tire and when blowing the pig up I sheared the valve off :oops:
Poor you, you so wish it had sheared off first don't you.

dunno if i have missed it somewhere, and as a mere onlooker and not brave enough to be an entrant i probably have no right on here :lol: but i just gotta ask - peachy, how did you get that shot??

With difficulty! :p

Enter Lucky K, you don't have to be brave! :)

is it a photograph of an old photo or something?? it has me mesmerised and baffled all at the same time!

i have a cheap digital camera and the camera on my phone, i have no idea how to work programs that help with lighting and photoshopping etc so my entry would be rubbish i'm afraid! :oops: i enjoy following the competition though, and having a vote.

is it a photograph of an old photo or something?? it has me mesmerised and baffled all at the same time!

i have a cheap digital camera and the camera on my phone, i have no idea how to work programs that help with lighting and photoshopping etc so my entry would be rubbish i'm afraid! :oops: i enjoy following the competition though, and having a vote.
I don't use photoshop, don't have it and all my photos have been taken with a digital point and shoot camera (quite old fashioned one at that). I have used piknik on the net to alter the exposure on one, add frames and crop. I promise you, piknik is really easy to use (and you don't have to use it anyway.) If you are clever enough to upload a picture to the comp you can use picknic (sp?). Give it a go!

I don't use photoshop, don't have it and all my photos have been taken with a digital point and shoot camera (quite old fashioned one at that). I have used piknik on the net to alter the exposure on one, add frames and crop. I promise you, piknik is really easy to use (and you don't have to use it anyway.) If you are clever enough to upload a picture to the comp you can use picknic (sp?). Give it a go!

i am off work so i suppose i could go out for a wander with a few ideas. dunno if i will be brave enough to entre any but i might have a go :-D

Poor you, you so wish it had sheared off first don't you.

fecking presta valves - managed to nip up to halfords and get a new innertube and on the way back stopped off and took some pics for the compo.

Hoying them oin to Flikr now and will mess about with the pickernick to see ho they come out.

Fingers crossed!!

i am off work so i suppose i could go out for a wander with a few ideas. dunno if i will be brave enough to entre any but i might have a go :-D

have a go - as peachy says picknic is easy to use (it must be cos I can use it)

it get's quite addictive after a while :lol:

Oops I am messing up here.

Right, I've put one up but I'd like to change it if possible. If not, that's fine I'll run with the one I've put up, but if it's OK to change my mind (given I'm doing it quickly), if Mr Tiger would be kind enough to delete the one I've put up, I'll put up my other one.

Update: correct entry now posted, many thanks AB22.

My reject:

Logon or register to see this image

DSC00227 by Janiep SMB, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted this "discussion point" on the entries thread by mistake earlier, sorry.
The standard seems to have dropped a bit this month! sorry everyone. Hopefully therell be some last minute beauties.

Is that the "1973 bar" at the new Wembley on janieP's entry?

Alright boys and girls . . . . been a while since I posted here, but the other day came across this photography section. Pretty cool, so I decided to make an entry to get amongst it on the SMB again. Some nice ones so far, so keep up the good work!

Posted this "discussion point" on the entries thread by mistake earlier, sorry.
The standard seems to have dropped a bit this month! sorry everyone. Hopefully therell be some last minute beauties.

I think you should enter riffraff. You said the other month the standard had dropped too.

Explanation of mine.
Cartegena loads of old buildings and one had been demolished.
Got me wondering what was there before.
Probably should have included the old buildings as well in the shot but I couldn't due to the width of the street and my limited lens.

Alright boys and girls . . . . been a while since I posted here, but the other day came across this photography section. Pretty cool, so I decided to make an entry to get amongst it on the SMB again. Some nice ones so far, so keep up the good work!

That's a smashing shot marra.

Errm, yup :oops:

picture.php

Fair play to the FA, all the concourses are done out like this with glorious moments from the "old" Wembley. It's good.

Although £8.30 for a pie and a pint - not so good!

Janie you little beauty :lol:

Ta :-D

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't think I would enter this month as I am on holiday in Turkey but I came across this old Turkish house today and I had my trusty 12 year old Canon Ixus with me so thought what the hell. I can't see the photo properly either as I am on a tiny mini book with a 7 inch screen. It's obviously straight out of the camera, forgot to add c&c is welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back