August SMB Photography Competition - Bygone Times - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloddy hell, you're the first person I've met with legs as long as mine.

We must be related. :eek:

The similarity is uncanny.

Surely we can't be the only two people with legs this long ;) Going to submit my pic for the comp tonight. Not going to do anything to it other than a slight sharpen. Too technical for me otherwise.

Is everyone keeping their powder dry or something or are you all on holiday? One entry by the seventeenth!

I don't have any cameras with me at the moment so unless I can get something this weekend I am going to struggle to enter this month.

I've shot 4 rolls of 120 film and have the vague notion that there might be summat on them. Not sure if I'll be able to get them developed in time mind.

I've just named the theme Past Times instead of Bygone Times - sorry!

Ive now amended the theme and got a duplicate entry - forgive me everyone! AB22easytiger, please feel free to delete and/or tidy up. :oops:

Ive now amended the theme and got a duplicate entry - forgive me everyone! AB22easytiger, please feel free to delete and/or tidy up. :oops:

Thank you!

How long do we have to enter? i'll try and get something this weekend!

Pardon my stupidity, but what is c&c?
When it is time for voting some of say why we vote or don't vote for certain pictures. Some posters are happy with this and some prefer not to have their picture commented on. C&C welcome means comments and criticisms welcome. So put this if you want feedback. Any picture that doesn't have c&c is not meant to be commented on.

I've took a few this week and have spotted a couple of good other opportunities.

would have loved to have gone to the battle of hytlon castle last week (can't believe they scheduled it for the first game of the season).

P.S. - Cook - If you were worried about your entry marra i wouldn't bother - I think it fits the theme spot on.

Although it's put the kybosh on one of the ones I was think about :oops:

I'd quite like to know a bit more about the photos this month. The ruins in Greece (?) are self explanatory I guess but Clyde's and the train one would warrant a bit of an explanation perhaps? Or is this not relevant to the competition?

mine was took in hartlepool while the tall ships event was on, spotted this old guy dressed like someone from a 100 year ago, had to snipe him ouf for a photo which was kinda hard as the place was well busy...maybe a full body shot would have been better.

mine was took in hartlepool while the tall ships event was on, spotted this old guy dressed like someone from a 100 year ago, had to snipe him ouf for a photo which was kinda hard as the place was well busy...maybe a full body shot would have been better.
I'm glad I asked! Thank you! What an interesting old man.

And mine was taken at the Bo'ness and Kinneil railway which is part of the Scottish railway preservation society. Is the picture not self explanatory? After all, steam gave way to diesel in the 60s.

Quick mention of mine. Started walking along the old railway line more often, and as a kid I would bike along there and go under the bridge to the river. Just a nice quiet place, that may not be quiet in the future as the Aln Valley Railway Society were given permission by the council to get the line up and running again. I would imagine it will take them years to sort it all out as most of the route is now overgrown.

Just entered with a picture I took yesterday. First time i have used a welding glass filter can get weird effects. I slightly altered the white balance to remove some of the green cast and removed "ghosts" from the image with cs5.
Great capture for that candid portrait Clyde.

Spav, is that Craggy Island in the background of yours? Happy memories for me of sailing under those massive cliffs with Bad Mother and indeed the entire Bad Family and all of us getting immensely seasick.

And mine was taken at the Bo'ness and Kinneil railway which is part of the Scottish railway preservation society. Is the picture not self explanatory? After all, steam gave way to diesel in the 60s.

It's self explanatory in terms of this moths theme but I must admit I do like to know the background e.g. where things were took etc just cos I'm nosey and I think it adds to the pics.

Love to know where Hauser snapped his at - it fecking cracks m up every time I look at it :lol:.

i'm out again this afternoon and then tomorrow I'll decide which shoit to go for.

thank god for that - I thought you' manage to get the delorean woking and gon back in time - it's a cracking pic with loads of character

Last edited:
Spav, is that Craggy Island in the background of yours? Happy memories for me of sailing under those massive cliffs with Bad Mother and indeed the entire Bad Family and all of us getting immensely seasick.

No, a bit further up the coast in Sligo.

I think the cliffs you're on about are the Cliffs of Moher. Still haven't seem em like.

Logon or register to see this image

I wouldn't be standing that near to the edge!

bloody hell - my arse twitched just looking at the picture :lol:

the adventure for this afternoon has been put on hold. Made me sarnies, packed the camera in the ruck sack, jumped on the bike do go down to the riverside and flat tire!!

fixed the flat tire and when blowing the pig up I sheared the valve off :oops:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back