August Challenge discussion - Inspired by the style of Henri Cartier Bresson

Status
Not open for further replies.

So I've set the ball rolling.

Nice one

Actually I may scupper your cunning plan to be the only entrant as I've discovered Bresson shot some trees on AB's link :)

Hopefully no one will notice i took the shot before I noticed Bresson's photo :lol:

PS AB, I think we need one of these inspired by the work of Helmut Newton ;) Bit of a Bresson acolyte as it turns out

Nice one

Actually I may scupper your cunning plan to be the only entrant as I've discovered Bresson shot some trees on AB's link :)

Hopefully no one will notice i took the shot before I noticed Bresson's photo :lol:

PS AB, I think we need one of these inspired by the work of Helmut Newton ;) Bit of a Bresson acolyte as it turns out

I'll have some of that.

Missus has turned the gig down, will have to look for other models

Entered.

picture.php

bit of a tricky one this month, but still had some fun taking pics tho

I really wanted to do a saucy/erotic type pic with all the innocence left in, making you use ur imagination a bit, but I never got round to it, too much football this month methinks - lol

nearly the end of the month and only 3 entries so far, I thought oooh I better get my finger out.

I had one or two decent candidates for this month (well I thought so anyways!)

Logon or register to see this image

this being one I rejected 'Road to nowhere', coz I always seem to enter 'rural' pics lol, and I didn't want an environment pic AGAIN! so I went with 'Laura Jane' instead.

Last edited:
Had a go this month for a change. It's a snapshot I took at Kielder Skyspace but I thought it captured the spirit of Bresson's work, ie geometry, compassion and the decisive moment (namely my daughter walking in, deciding it was crap and walking out again :lol:).

I thought there was a passing resemblance to this Bresson shot.

Camera = Sony Cybershot, with a bit of Photoshop jiggery pokery.

well, looks like mine is in, wasnt gonna enter as had a busy month but after looking at ab22's link i noticed he had pics of a crowd at a american footy match or something, realised i had similar b&w pics from a cardiff match i attended a couple of weeks back so figured i'd just hoy one of those in

the pic it reminds me of....notice remind not inspired.

Logon or register to see this image

Thats mine in, took yesterday in The Borders. Couldnt pick one in particular to say inspired me, theres quite a few that are similar in composition.

I always said peachy was a bit kentish

Horizon police informed

Bazza! :lol:

(I didn't know how to straighten it and HCB didn't believe in post production anyway from what I read:))

Minnis Bay I think, looking back to Reculver and Epple Bay and Westgate ahead (as you go along the coast).

Not sure anybody did in the pre-digital days, it was a massive frig on.

ooooh the entries are coming thick and fast!!!

I would say that this month (imo) The pics should really be as 'straight out of the camera' as possible.

ok turning a coulor pic to b&w is acceptable (imo), and maybe a wee bit of cropping, but the charm of those old pics is their quirkiness.

some good shots there folks

ooooh the entries are coming thick and fast!!!

I would say that this month (imo) The pics should really be as 'straight out of the camera' as possible.

ok turning a coulor pic to b&w is acceptable (imo), and maybe a wee bit of cropping, but the charm of those old pics is their quirkiness.

some good shots there folks

The remit is 'inspired by' not a pastiche of Bresson. I do agree about the cracking standard of entries though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back