August Challenge discussion - Inspired by the style of Henri Cartier Bresson

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first of our "inspired by" themes focusses on the greatest of them all IMHO, Henri Cartier Bresson.

Take a picture inspired by his style and post it on here before the end of August.

Apologies for the new format with the thumbnails, I know it detracts a bit but there's nothing we can do about it right now.

Have a look at Bresson's work and enjoy shooting.

I should add...

It doesn't have to be black and white, it doesn't have to be a copy of an HCB photograph, all it needs to be is something that HCB's work has inspired you to shoot.

Have a think, and enjoy yourselves.

You could have just called it black and white G ;)

The first of our "inspired by" themes focusses on the greatest of them all IMHO, Henri Cartier Bresson.

Take a picture inspired by his style and post it on here before the end of August.

... It doesn't have to be black and white, it doesn't have to be a copy of an HCB photograph, all it needs to be is something that HCB's work has inspired you to shoot.
Have a think, and enjoy yourselves.
May I make a suggestion? That for this month's theme that when we post our entry we post the HCB photograph that inspired us (be it a recreation, an idea, whatever) as well, so the rest of us can see where the entrant was coming from. :idea:

May I make a suggestion? That for this month's theme that when we post our entry we post the HCB photograph that inspired us (be it a recreation, an idea, whatever) as well, so the rest of us can see where the entrant was coming from. :idea:

Happy for you to do that (indeed I'm going to make it compulsory for an upcoming theme) but I won't insist on it this month.

Might this cause bother for roger regarding copyright? maybe just a link to it rather than displaying the image?

Might this cause bother for roger regarding copyright? maybe just a link to it rather than displaying the image?
Well if it is a problem then ok, no don't do it. But if you go on parsnip there are loads of pictures still being linked (it's allowed), they just come up small style, so unless we are asked not to, I would think it would be alright.

Well I wanted my entry to be on film this month but I can't get any of the three cameras I've bought recently to work! Hopefully I can figure something out for this weekend.

Got any tips for a good panorama? I've tried a few and they've all ended up completely shit.

I could teach you within 10 mins with the proper cameras old chum. Trying with a DSLR I reckon would take a bloody lifetime

Have a composition in mind and crop to that composition maybe. Perhaps use a panoramic viewfinder cut into something to find that.

Even after that though you have to deal with distortion, stitching errors, changes in light

I'd like to see that compo as I'd be in full admiration of any decent stuff that was produced

The very reason we haven't done it. Might try to figure out a suitable landscape theme though.

I wouldn't enter of course. Couldn't stand the shame of getting a savaging off Peachy :lol:

Was that software Roger was using for those VR things free?

Perhaps you could base one on that?

Giz a panoramic theme G, would love to see what folks come up with

I've tried for some time to get something even similar to Bresson that would do the challenge justice but everything Ive done so far is just a very poor imitation.
There's still lots of time though.

In the meanwhile my effort at a panorama.........
Five shots stitched in PS.

picture.php

I've tried for some time to get something even similar to Bresson that would do the challenge justice but everything Ive done so far is just a very poor imitation.
There's still lots of time though.

In the meanwhile my effort at a panorama.........
Five shots stitched in PS.

picture.php

No bad. I like the looks of the colour of that willow, may have to visit that in winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back