August 21st live footy on tv

Nor, we've both been to (and rate, I seem to recall) L'enclume. Mind, have you seen the current prices? We went a few years agan, for a special occasion wedding anniversary. Couldn't afford it now! Well, either that or owa mean to pay the asking price!

I was looking at that yesterday when Mrs G started making noises about not having been to the Lakes in a long while. They are, sadly, about the going rate for a 2* Michelin restaurant these days. Not that I'd let that stop me ;)

Nor, we've both been to (and rate, I seem to recall) L'enclume. Mind, have you seen the current prices? We went a few years agan, for a special occasion wedding anniversary. Couldn't afford it now! Well, either that or owa mean to pay the asking price!
Ya right would have to be a very special night for there now, just looked and it’s almost double the price when I was last there. Wherever your going I hope it’s great( for my sake )
I was looking at that yesterday when Mrs G started making noises about not having been to the Lakes in a long while. They are, sadly, about the going rate for a 2* Michelin restaurant these days. Not that I'd let that stop me ;)
Although it’s not Michelin star I still love the drunken duck just outside clappersgate

Last edited:
Good man. I suppose if I've paid £x for a product/service & they now ask £y, where y =2x, I'm starting to look elsewhere for similar quality. All that said (1) I am out of touch with commerical reality & (2) it's bloody good & well worth a visit, especially if you've not been before. Another very good place (in my opinion) is Martin Wishart in Leith. Nee lakes, like, but you've got the Water of Leith, the Ocean Terminus & the Royal Yacht Britannia!
Ya right would have to be a very special night for there now, just looked and it’s almost double the price when I was last there. Wherever your going I hope it’s great( for my sake )

Although it’s not Michelin star I still love the drunken duck just outside clappersgate
Ha, ha, cheers marra. I'll give you an honest appraisal.

Last edited:
Good man. I suppose if I've paid £x for a product/service & they now ask £y, where y =2x, I'm starting to look elsewhere for similar quality. All that said (1) I am out of touch with commerical reality & (2) it's bloody good & well worth a visit, especially if you've not been before. Another very good place (in my opinion) is Martin Wishart in Leith. Nee lakes, like, but you've got the Water of Leith, the Ocean Terminus & the Royal Yacht Britannia!

Ha, ha, cheers marra. I'll give you an honest appraisal.
They reckon there is an absolute top chippy there now marra, near by brittania

They reckon there is an absolute top chippy there now marra, near by brittania
I'll keep an eye out. There are two or three very good fish restaurants on the waterfront. Wishart is excellent though. Arnly one star (Arnly! Hark at her!!) but as good if not better than some with two, in my opinion.
For value, I still think 21 in Newcastle (Trinity Gardens, just behind the Law Courts) takes some beating.
Arl this tark of scran is making me peckish!

Last edited:
Ooph. Nivva come across that one. Think anar roughly where Henderson Road is. One for the notebyuk. Cheers, marra
Some time I'd like to try The Kitchin anarl (Leith Quay again) & The Raby Hunt (near Darlo), but I'll hev to save up & await another special occasion fust!
My posts will self transform into scran forum shite within 30 seconds....

Last edited:
Ooph. Nivva come across that one. Think anar roughly where Henderson Road is. One for the notebyuk. Cheers, marra
Some time I'd like to try The Kitchin anarl (Leith Quay again) & The Raby Hunt (near Darlo), but I'll hev to save up & await another special occasion fust!
My posts will self transform into scran forum shite within 30 seconds....

Tom Kitchin's place is definitely on my hit list. If you're down this way, How about Michelin starred tapas https://www.pacotapas.co.uk/ . Run by the same guy who runs the posher Casamia right next door Casamia Restaurant - Bristol

Tom Kitchin's place is definitely on my hit list. If you're down this way, How about Michelin starred tapas https://www.pacotapas.co.uk/ . Run by the same guy who runs the posher Casamia right next door Casamia Restaurant - Bristol

Bristol .....
You know where I’m gunna say ???? yes Spanish Steps for cracking/twisted pub food & gorgeous ale.
Caribbean Croft is different & very good
The one near the Merchants Arms we met in had a decent Sunday Lunch ( upstairs) - name??
Bristol .....
You know where I’m gunna say ???? yes Spanish Steps for cracking/twisted pub food & gorgeous ale.
Caribbean Croft is different & very good
The one near the Merchants Arms we met in had a decent Sunday Lunch ( upstairs) - name??

Edit
Just looked it up

The Pump House :)

Last edited:

Back