August 18th live footy on tv

Mam is here and has stabbed me!

Good old mam, not in the back l hope. :)

Cheers, Scorefrom, la. It was nice to witness a win in the sun. I try to folly me arn advice & stay in the moment, neither dwelling on the past nor becoming obsessed with what the future might hold. Just enjoy it while it lasts, overreacting to neither wins nor defeats. Football (as well as life itself) is a fragile business, luck playing a far greater part that many are prepared to accept. On that bombshell, enjoy yer day & best of luck to ye, marra.

Here's a tune fer the two of yuz:

The best gift you can give is the gift of life, by heaven's we can half mess that up though.

Nice Mike Pender song CLW

Just a pity there's not much time to spare after a home game, if you are looking to catch the GC back south.
More options of course on GNER, but you'd have to travel to and from Newcastle.
Best of luck Wakey, and at least you'll get to see a game or two this season.

I know exactly how you feel on that score.
I used to give blood regularly, but could never look at the needle in my arm.
Same with cannula's, of which I've had many.

I will but not sure I’ll see as many as last yr, 10 iirc. 3 or4 home & 7 or 8 away

Too reet. Some of these lads put most (myself included) to shame when it comes to commitment to the cause. Full (skid) marks!
GOM takes some beating like
Good day to everyone. SWMBO has just informed me we are not having a Sunday dinner. We are having gammon, salad and boiled potatoes. I’m off to the solicitors in the morning.
Well out of order !

Last edited:
Reet on both counts, Sis, la.

How's it garn, marra? Handicap coming down? Did your annual charity do gan well?

Hi CLW, handicap has come down a little, although Mrs sis would say l am the Handicap.

The charity this year are 2 local ones. Raised just over 3k in July with our Party in the Gardens with 3 bands, and have an event on Friday, so hope that raises a few Bob.

Next year will be me last one, let someone else have a go after 12 years.

Really enjoying the football now so want to go more, will be at Peterborough on the 31st and enjoyed hciwspi Wakeys spelling l think he and GOM were in the Station hotel when we were in there.

Hope to be up during Sept but awaiting my niece who is expecting anytime so we will be able to see the baby as well.

GOM takes some beating like

Well out of order !

He certainly does marra, mind a direct single train helps.

Here’s one for ya, for home games my directions go like this.....
Taxi 8 miles SOUTH
Train 25 miles EAST
Train 55 miles WEST
Then I get the train NORTH :)
Don’t tell me all the South East is good for travel :) ;)
Hi CLW, handicap has come down a little, although Mrs sis would say l am the Handicap.

The charity this year are 2 local ones. Raised just over 3k in July with our Party in the Gardens with 3 bands, and have an event on Friday, so hope that raises a few Bob.

Next year will be me last one, let someone else have a go after 12 years.

Really enjoying the football now so want to go more, will be at Peterborough on the 31st and enjoyed hciwspi Wakeys spelling l think he and GOM were in the Station hotel when we were in there.

Hope to be up during Sept but awaiting my niece who is expecting anytime so we will be able to see the baby as well.

Well done marra

& ya should have said hello at wichpis - were ya outside?

Last edited:
Back down south, awful trip almost 6 hours did include 2 stops though, at least with Bank holiday I’ll have an extra night in between the drives next weekend
He certainly does marra, mind a direct single train helps.

Here’s one for ya, for home games my directions go like this.....
Taxi 8 miles SOUTH
Train 25 miles EAST
Train 55 miles WEST
Then I get the train NORTH :)
Don’t tell me all the South East is good for travel :) ;)
:eek: , some effort👏

That’s almost as demanding as Hanks journey ;)

Last edited:

Back