August 15th live footy on tv

I empathise & sympathise, marra. I'm prone to quite severe IBS & it really knocks it out of ye (sometimes literally!). Sometimes a brandy helps. Peppermint water or peppermint tea also.

Arl the best fer the morra, marra. We'll arl be sending ye positive vibes.

Insane Bolts!

Evening arl. Finished me basket spreeed shhheeeettt at last.

Neen o that pap.

Nowt to say the day.

Enjoy yasels. Get revved up for Sarrada.
Morning Cloughy,
Mines not IBS it’s the result of cancer treatment where the 2 ends of of my colon were welded together after the removal of the tumour, eat the wrong thing or too much and prepare for 48 hours of incredible pain. Nothing you can do, anything you try to swallow, sip of water or tablet, comes straight back out. Great way to lose 5 lbs very quickly! Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
Morning Cloughy,
Mines not IBS it’s the result of cancer treatment where the 2 ends of of my colon were welded together after the removal of the tumour, eat the wrong thing or too much and prepare for 48 hours of incredible pain. Nothing you can do, anything you try to swallow, sip of water or tablet, comes straight back out. Great way to lose 5 lbs very quickly! Thanks for your reply.
I'm truly sorry to hear that, Snorbens, marra. It sounds awful. Had I known, I wouldn't have mentioned IBS, which is trivial by comparison. All the best, mate. I hope the pain soon subsides.
Other places include On the Bab Old Street, Oklava Shoreditch & there’s always the Blues Kitchen.

There’s a few for ya to goggle if ya bored daft.

But take my word for it, very diverse & non are formal - weather forecast is for me in shorts all 5 days ;)
You mentioned Oklava before & even hoyed up a sample menu, if memory serves. Next time I have the misfortune to find mesel crossing the border* into the sovereign state of Londinium I'll be sure to pick yer brains on the à la mode epicurean epicentre....

*Will Londinium still be in Europe, post Brexit? And will the rest of us be allowed into the metropolis, or (more importantly) back out? Obviously, the metropolitans wo hev their arn passports permitting free travel across Europe (& the USA), but will there be a hard border between Londinium & the rest of the UK?
Evening everyone, as I said I was playing dads taxi today, taking my eldest to a tennis tournament via M11 and in outside lane, a car veers over from lane 1 almost at a right angle, car in front has no chance, huge crash, thankfully left enough breaking space and pulled up in time, air ambulance required. 1 bloke in a really bad way, another 5 seconds later and that was me, there but for the grace if god.
Bloody hell, man, Bishop. I'm pleased you're ok. I'm sorry for the poor bloke who isn't. These close shaves remind us of life's fragility.

Last edited:
I'm truly sorry to hear that, Snorbens, marra. It sounds awful. Had I known, I wouldn't have mentioned IBS, which is trivial by comparison. All the best, mate. I hope the pain soon subsides.

You mentioned Oklava before & even hoyed up a sample menu, if memory serves. Next time I have the misfortune to find mesel crossing the border* into the sovereign state of Londinium I'll be sure to pick yer brains on the à la mode epicurean epicentre....

*Will Londinium still be in Europe, post Brexit? And will the rest of us be allowed into the metropolis, or (more importantly) back out? Obviously, the metropolitans wo hev their arn passports permitting free travel across Europe (& the USA), but will there be a hard border between Londinium & the rest of the UK?

Bloody hell, man, Bishop. I'm pleased you're ok. I'm sorry for the poor bloke who isn't. These close shaves remind us of life's fragility.
Nee bother Cloughy, it’s better than having cancer, malignant tumour and they caught it just in time!

Last edited:

Back