Audi driver potentially facing up to £5000 fine

you've obviously never come into contact with Zafira dad, or range rover mum......

I've said this before, I have an Audi...I actually make a point of being nice to other motorists....a) I'm a decent person b) regardless of what car I drive, I'm still a decent person....there are drivers who are fuckwits that drive all sorts of cars....in my experience, dads in Zafiras or any people carrier, Range Rover's by wanna be model mums, you then have instagram model fiat 500 girls who have literally no idea that other cars are on the road.....BMW drivers (usually a 1 series with the seat really low as it's a race car isn't it) who seemingly hate Audi Drivers....who hate Merc drivers who hate BMW drivers (goes full circle)
everyone hates everyone, lets face it.

You have never and I mean never just had to go through what I had to at the hands of an A4 driver. I had to bump this thread because this is the only thread where I can put it. I don't know where to turn to and this is the best place - though asking for advice on the SMB is like asking Rolf Harris if he would like to be patron of the NSPCC.

I am not making this up, I swear, because I know everyone will make a huge joke of it and use it to wind me up or to blame me for it - the total lack of empathy and sympathy on the SMB for anything and anyone is frankly shocking. If I told the SMB I only had a few weeks to live it would be considered one of the funniest posts of the year.

I have never felt so scared and intimidated as I did coming home just before 4 pm. I was going on to the John Reid Road (it is kind of known as the main road into Shields' from Jarrow and forms a big part of the Great North Run) section of my journey from work and almost immediately a driver in an old hatchback version of the A4 just pulls out of the inside lane at speed to the outside where just inches from my back end and for the whole stretch virtually tailgated me forcing me to go at speed myself to get away from him and be distracted from the main driver I should be looking at - the one in front. Once or twice he would go back to the inside lane for no reason but would then pull out and get up to speed and right on to my rear. I really was so very scared and intimidated. I did nothing to warrant this treatment - although most of you now probably think I did.

This and the main topic proves why Audi drivers are regarded in the way they are. Aggressive, intimidating, harassing bullies who like to target anyone for any reason. I of course as everyone knows drives a Fiesta. Can you imagine what it would do to an Audi owner if they see a so called 'inferior' car overtaking them? I can't think of another reason why.

At 3:56 that is what I experienced.

I do know how to beat them though. Ignore them.

Last edited:

You have never and I mean never just had to go through what I had to at the hands of an A4 driver. I had to bump this thread because this is the only thread where I can put it. I don't know where to turn to and this is the best place - though asking for advice on the SMB is like asking Rolf Harris if he would like to be patron of the NSPCC.

I am not making this up, I swear, because I know everyone will make a huge joke of it and use it to wind me up or to blame me for it - the total lack of empathy and sympathy on the SMB for anything and anyone is frankly shocking. If I told the SMB I only had a few weeks to live it would be considered one of the funniest posts of the year.

I have never felt so scared and intimidated as I did coming home just before 4 pm. I was going on to the John Reid Road (it is kind of known as the main road into Shields' from Jarrow and forms a big part of the Great North Run) section of my journey from work and almost immediately a driver in an old hatchback version of the A4 just pulls out of the inside lane at speed to the outside where just inches from my back end and for the whole stretch virtually tailgated me forcing me to go at speed myself to get away from him and be distracted from the main driver I should be looking at - the one in front. Once or twice he would go back to the inside lane for no reason but would then pull out and get up to speed and right on to my rear. I really was so very scared and intimidated. I did nothing to warrant this treatment - although most of you now probably think I did.

This and the main topic proves why Audi drivers are regarded in the way they are. Aggressive, intimidating, harassing bullies who like to target anyone for any reason. I of course as everyone knows drives a Fiesta. Can you imagine what it would do to an Audi owner if they see a so called 'inferior' car overtaking them? I can't think of another reason why.

Not a problem unique to Audi drivers though is it. Had a VW driver doing that to me last week along a single lane road. While I was driving a VW. Then he did the same to two VWs in front of us. None of us did the same thing. Some people are just wankers. Slow down a bit, winds them right up.

Bullshit. They didn’t make the a4 in a hatchback

Where you always overtaking cars in the outside lane?

He won't get a 5 grand fine, and haway man I bet plenty on here have splashed people. Not condoning his actions but I can see the funny side of it. I've splashed people myself when I was younger. What the fuck Audi has to do with it, then I don't know. Branding a certain type of car driver because of a daft action is is daft as the fucker driving it. Probably a bit of jealousy by Qashqai drivers.
He will get his comeuppance.
Nail on head mate; I've had 4 incidents in just one day, all involving women drivers in tiny cars pulling out in front of me (whilst looking at me in their rear view mirror). It's all down to the car I drive - A porsche (not a look at me, just a childhood dream fulfilled) and people, 90% of them women drivers instantly drive like twats if I'm behind them. You know, cutting you up, driving like a granny and generally being *****. It used to happen a bit whebn I had the Alpina, but usually male knobheads in white vans. Do women hate porsches? Or just the jealous ones? One of them today was some crusty ald biddy who was determined to ram anyone who dared to used the outside lane in the amazing "merge in turn" set-up next to Durham hospital....& no I didn't go flying down the outside, just taking my turn!

Last edited:

Why were you permanently sitting in the outside lane?

I'm sure there are loads of bad Audi drivers out there. There are also loads of Audis out there. There are also loads of bad Ford drivers, Nissan drivers and Renault drivers.
It is a stereotype that gets positively reinforced each time somebody sees an Audi driver (again, remember it is a very common car) driving badly. It does not get reinforced when a Citroen, Peugeot or Saab driver does daft things.

It's like saying drivers wearing black shoes or Nike trainers are the worst drivers. Mind the driving on our roads is pretty bad like. Macho over-confident speeders, drug/drink drivers, arrogant idiots using mobile phones, selfish and lazy drivers... the list goes on.

you've obviously never come into contact with Zafira dad, or range rover mum......

I've said this before, I have an Audi...I actually make a point of being nice to other motorists....a) I'm a decent person b) regardless of what car I drive, I'm still a decent person....there are drivers who are fuckwits that drive all sorts of cars....in my experience, dads in Zafiras or any people carrier, Range Rover's by wanna be model mums, you then have instagram model fiat 500 girls who have literally no idea that other cars are on the road.....BMW drivers (usually a 1 series with the seat really low as it's a race car isn't it) who seemingly hate Audi Drivers....who hate Merc drivers who hate BMW drivers (goes full circle)
everyone hates everyone, lets face it.
Now I understand why everyone hates Porsche drivers, because they don't have one :lol:

100% this. Happened to me last week. I pulled out a bit late in front of a bloke in a 4x4 cos I couldn’t see because of illegally parked car, I waved to apologise but the way that twat went on was like I burned his f***ing house down. Right up my arse, flashing his lights, blaring his horn gesturing at me to pull over for a straightener.

was on the way to the hospital. My mam died about three hours later
I had one of those on me way home from the match on Saturday. He was demented, followed us all the way through grangetown and along the new road to seaham, where he turned round and went back to Sunderland. Our lass wouldn’t stop the car, which on reflection is probably just as well.

Back