Audi A3 2010

Been looking at these on auto trader 60-70k on the clock for about 4500k any good ?

It's a Golf in makeup so consider a money saving badge swap.

They're galvanised so tinworm shouldn't be an issue, unless there's been some damage at some point.

Check panel gaps carefully and look inside engine compartment for signs of repair. Also under spare wheel well and around rear light clusters inside the hatch.

If it's a straight car with a service history it's worth considering but they can be expensive to fix if they go wrong

Been looking at these on auto trader 60-70k on the clock for about 4500k any good ?
Check when the belt replacement is due or if it's been done at that milage , thats £400 extra outlay .
Alright motors though , I had one, susceptible to regular breaks in suspension arm bits ( alloy) if you part on kerbs.

Last edited:
Check when the belt replacement is due or if it's been done at that milage , thats £400 extra outlay .
Alright motors though , I had one, susceptible to regular breaks in suspension arm bits ( alloy) if you part on kerbs.
Aye noticed a lot of them stating had belt replaced and flywheels seems common one aswel
It's a Golf in makeup so consider a money saving badge swap.

They're galvanised so tinworm shouldn't be an issue, unless there's been some damage at some point.
Golfs are actually showing as more expensive
Check panel gaps carefully and look inside engine compartment for signs of repair. Also under spare wheel well and around rear light clusters inside the hatch.

If it's a straight car with a service history it's worth considering but they can be expensive to fix if they go wrong

Last edited:
Aye noticed a lot of them stating had belt replaced and flywheels seems common one aswel

I'm surprised to hear that the Golf is more expensive.

The Golf is much cheaper to maintain than the A3 so that may explain the difference in price.

I've never owned an Audi as I've heard too many horror stories about the huge bills for seemingly innocuous matters.

What about a seat leon, pretty much vw underneath and should be cheaper to buy & maintain. I preferred the leon fr to the a3 i drove

I'm surprised to hear that the Golf is more expensive.

The Golf is much cheaper to maintain than the A3 so that may explain the difference in price.

I've never owned an Audi as I've heard too many horror stories about the huge bills for seemingly innocuous matters.

How is an old golf much cheaper to maintain than an old a3?

i used to servce them and they are bullet proof.

Seriously mate if you can find a 1.9 diesel with low miles you are realy lucky and it will cost you money, they are like rocking horses shit low mileage 1.9pd vags.
How are the 2l Tdis marra?

Back