Attaching images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smartie

Winger
Why is there a little message telling me I may not post attachments? I can post images by pasting in a URL alright but I can't for the life of me figure out how I attach a picture file from my computer.

Can someone point me in the right direction? :confused:

Why is there a little message telling me I may not post attachments? I can post images by pasting in a URL alright but I can't for the life of me figure out how I attach a picture file from my computer.

Can someone point me in the right direction? :confused:

You need to sign up for an image hosting account with somebody like Flickr or Imageshack. You then upload your images with them and then include the url for the image inside
Logon or register to see this image
tags using the landscape icon above on here.

Done!

Thanks.

I thought there might be a quick way round this as in the FAQ section they mention being able to attach files via the 'attachment manager' which doesn't appear when I reply or start a new thread.

Never mind. I'll try uploading somewhere else then.

Thanks.

I thought there might be a quick way round this as in the FAQ section they mention being able to attach files via the 'attachment manager' which doesn't appear when I reply or start a new thread.

Never mind. I'll try uploading somewhere else then.

Flickr use yahoo accounts if you have one? You get 100mb a month free IIRC

You can upload photos by going to your user control panel and selecting pictures and albums from the menu.

You could then obviously link to the uploaded photos in a post the same way you can add any other photo available on the net.

We don't allow the upload of attachments as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back