Atsu completes £6.2m move to Mags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spanish press reporting Newcastle have had a bid accepted for Brazilian playmaker Gabriel Pires from Leganes in La Liga.

I don't know anything about him, but I'm sure the people on here can look him up and tell me his weaknesses and how crap he is.

Spanish press reporting Newcastle have had a bid accepted for Brazilian playmaker Gabriel Pires from Leganes in La Liga.

I don't know anything about him, but I'm sure the people on here can look him up and tell me his weaknesses and how crap he is.
Must be some player if King Rafa wants him who've the media made up which sides you've beaten to win his signature?

You think the players you have that will need to be moved on will be moved on easily, I disagree and think this will cause you trouble. I don't need to know facts about wages and whether they are accurate to form this opinion. Are any championship clubs going to pay Murphy what he's on now at his age ? If they won't will he move just to play football or will he want to earn the most money from a very short career
Then what are you forming your opinion on? Why won't Newcastle be able to sell players?

Mags may hit a sticky wicket with their squad size as well. Clubs know they will be desperate to get rid, be on high wages and they can only register 25 players.

Will they gamble and sign players in the hope of offloading later at huge losses.

Hanley wont go for 6m and 30k a week to his new club, if Newcastle have 27 squad players on their books come 1st August. Clubs will pressure them into offering them at a deal.
Why would Hanley or Murphy be on a lot more than they would've at Blackburn or Ipswich?
For instance if we were after a Burton player surely we wouldn't have to break the bank to get him to sign. Surely the prospect of playing for a club like Sunderland which is more likely to get promoted would be good enough.

Why would Hanley or Murphy be on a lot more than they would've at Blackburn or Ipswich?
For instance if we were after a Burton player surely we wouldn't have to break the bank to get him to sign. Surely the prospect of playing for a club like Sunderland which is more likely to get promoted would be good enough.

And you know this for a fact? :lol:

Why will it be so easy for Newcastle to sell players ?
Answering a question with a question, and question that I have already answered:

"You mention "the money that they are likely to be on", which is something that a lot of people like to mention, a lot of those people are uniformed, Hanley's wage is estimated at around £20,000 per week, Gayle's wage is estimated at £35,000 per week (potentially lower) and Clark's wage was estimated at £30,000 per week before the Newcastle move, for a former captain, a star striker and an experienced Premier League centre back, those are low numbers in my opinion, based on those numbers I think it is sensible to assume the likes of Murphy (Ipswich), Sels (Gent), Lazaar (Palermo), Ritchie (Bournemouth), ect... will be on a similarly low(er) wage."

"Again you are now undervaluing what "Championship level players" earn."

"Think about the business that Newcastle made logically and impartially, a club purchased a player (Hanley as an example) from a Championship side (Blackburn), to play for another Championship side (Newcastle), that player assisted his new club in winning the league title. The former describes a player who is earning a similar wage to which they were previously earning who now has an increased stock value. That doesn't sound like an impossible player to move on."

We won't though. It's likely Gouffran and Anita are not going to be offered new deals. We've a few players out on loan at the minute who may not return full time (Saivet, Vuckic et al). We players we'll likely send out on loan to increase their game time (Armstrong, Sterry, etc).

We will be able to sell on the likes of Murphy and Hanley even if we take a small hit on their fees. Murphy is the type of player who will attract interest from a few Championship clubs and while they're unlikely to pay £3m, £1m isn't a lot in this market.

Your post is a worst possible scenario, that you hope happens.

It isnt worst case scenario. Why would clubs pay 1m for a striker in his mid 30s on high wages?

Especially one whos been a bit part player the last 12 months.

You bought the league it worked but who is going to pay the kind of wages NUFC did in the championship. I can only think of Wolves.

It isnt worst case scenario. Why would clubs pay 1m for a striker in his mid 30s on high wages?

Especially one whos been a bit part player the last 12 months.

You bought the league it worked but who is going to pay the kind of wages NUFC did in the championship. I can only think of Wolves.
"You mention "the money that they are likely to be on", which is something that a lot of people like to mention, a lot of those people are uniformed, Hanley's wage is estimated at around £20,000 per week, Gayle's wage is estimated at £35,000 per week (potentially lower) and Clark's wage was estimated at £30,000 per week before the Newcastle move, for a former captain, a star striker and an experienced Premier League centre back, those are low numbers in my opinion, based on those numbers I think it is sensible to assume the likes of Murphy (Ipswich), Sels (Gent), Lazaar (Palermo), Ritchie (Bournemouth), ect... will be on a similarly low(er) wage."

Total guesswork on your part.

Villa had one of highest wage bills in the country still do and you think Clarks on 30k a week :lol:

star striker

tee hee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back