Athletes of days gone by...

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Sharpe, was talking to him in the 90's down Shields after he had ran away from the coppers for something the week before, can't remember why though.

Tidied! ;)

Two of the greatest athletes below, none of this WWE shite but 2 true athletes in the phenomenal shape so end of thread! :lol:

Logon or register to see this image

When I was 7 or 8, my uncle took me to see the wrestling at Crowtree. Big Daddy was headlining and, as he came into the arena, I touched him just above the left leotard line. Bizarre looking at that just how much bigger Haystacks was.

Edit: I should say just above the upper leotard line.

When I was 7 or 8, my uncle took me to see the wrestling at Crowtree. Big Daddy was headlining and, as he came into the arena, I touched him just above the left leotard line. Bizarre looking at that just how much bigger Haystacks was.

Edit: I should say just above the upper leotard line.
Haystacks was billed as 6'11" and 48 stone (685lb) according to Wiki whereas Big Daddy was 6' 6" and 26 stone (375lb)

Haystacks was billed as 6'11" and 48 stone (685lb) according to Wiki whereas Big Daddy was 6' 6" and 26 stone (375lb)

I didn't realise there was that much difference, as I said. Big Daddy was, by the time I saw him, not the fittest. Haystacks, whilst he was the villain in the ring, was seemingly a lovely man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back