At a Loss

Got to be honest struggling a bit here.

No social group, feel like no mates, or at least not in one place all together.

Back in a mundane job, work from home, so no interaction with anyone. Jobs going nowhere, shite money, feel way behind my peers. But I’ve got no plan of what I wanna do or progress.

Nae Lass, nae plan, nae motivation, absolutely nothing planned till Christmas Day, literally

I’ve thought about many things over years, going to work remotely from abroad which maybe I could do, or all this type of shite, but not sure I’ve got any confidence left to do out.

Im 31 and I just feel like it’s going nowhere and I’m wasting me life and have wasted it so far. But no motivation to do fuck all. Feel totally alone but at the same time finding it hard to motivate to wanna talk to anyone.

Fed up!
Praying you find a way through this marra. God bless you

@The Rat weve had our differences in the past, they are well documented and common knowledge. We’ve given each other our fair share of lumps and bumps, so I understand if you disregard this post.
It’s a well used platitude when someone says to you when you aren’t in a good place “ you don’t know what’s round the corner” some one said it to me when I lost my parents, at the time it meant nothing, but now looking back all those years ago, it’s true. You are only a young lad and however dull or grim your life may seem now it won’t be like this forever. There are many things you can do to help improve it, many good people have posted sound advice on this thread, and I can’t add anything to that. Other than, be positive, be consistent, and with that will come confidence. Have faith in who you are, if you are at all surprised by the number and nature of posts in this thread, you really shouldn’t be, take it as a sign of how many people you have in your corner and are willing to go in to bat for you.I was once in a very dark place, I had two paths I could have taken, thankfully I picked the right one 👍
PM me mate, even if it’s only to tell me to piss off.👍

Let’s face it mate you’ve been saying this on here for a long time. You are well travelled and always seem to be looking to go to new places which is absolutely class.

Why not join a dating site and find a lass who enjoys travelling as well. Breaks the week up seeing a lass and doing daft things together and then booking trips away gives you a reason to be in the job you’re doing. Always when I’m bored at work I have at least got holidays to look forward to with my lass so makes it worth the grind.

I was in a similar situation but married. Was just muddling along but then realised there’s more to life so left her, moved on and met a lass who I have loads in common with and we do all sorts together. It’s turned my life around tbh.

Best of luck with it anyway whatever you decide to do.

So sorry didn't reply, didn't mean to worry anyone, I was just having time off, was going to read replies and advise when was in more positive mindset. Had a quick glimpse and some great suggestions.

I am really humbled by these messages, people are canny as out aren't they, feel like a a bit of an idiot mind.

BTW Think it was watching that first half at Lincoln that was the final straw.

:(
So sorry didn't reply, didn't mean to worry anyone, I was just having time off, was going to read replies and advise when was in more positive mindset. Had a quick glimpse and some great suggestions.

I am really humbled by these messages, people are canny as out aren't they, feel like a a bit of an idiot mind.

Don't feel like an idiot, mate.

Not about this, anyway ;)

Don't for one second feel like an idiot. You are not. Hope you feel better

Pleased to see you back, a lot were concerned last night.

Glad you are ok mate

Glad you are OK mate. Some great advice on this thread. You come across as a top lad to me. I hope it all works out.

Try not to worry. None of us really have a clue what we’re doing. Life changes quickly and you’ll probably learn a lot from feeling like this. We’ve all had periods where you’re depressed or the future looks bleak but if you want to be happy and have a nice life you’ll get through it and will be better equipped to deal with shitty days when this is all out of the way.

No mates here and no mates there ( where ever there is) only warmer.
It takes work to have friends as they need to be made and or kept. We have lots of problems locally with isolation. Farmers ( not just them) for instance spending all day everyday by themselves causes lots of issues as they have time to over think stuff and less chance to " just do things"
Get your arse into gear, go to the baths, gym or get a dog. Lasses love dogs and it's a topper way to get talking to people ( especially if your dog loves dogs and people). If you don't want to own a dog, borrow one.
Google Cinnamon Trust, loads of dog walkers needed country wide for people who really need help with their dogs. Just walking them or fostering them if you have the time.
Whereabouts in Cornwall do you live mate?

Back