At a Loss

The Rat

Striker
Got to be honest struggling a bit here.

No social group, feel like no mates, or at least not in one place all together.

Back in a mundane job, work from home, so no interaction with anyone. Jobs going nowhere, shite money, feel way behind my peers. But I’ve got no plan of what I wanna do or progress.

Nae Lass, nae plan, nae motivation, absolutely nothing planned till Christmas Day, literally

I’ve thought about many things over years, going to work remotely from abroad which maybe I could do, or all this type of shite, but not sure I’ve got any confidence left to do out.

Im 31 and I just feel like it’s going nowhere and I’m wasting me life and have wasted it so far. But no motivation to do fuck all. Feel totally alone but at the same time finding it hard to motivate to wanna talk to anyone.

Fed up!

Back in a mundane job, work from home, so no interaction with anyone. Jobs going nowhere, shite money, feel way behind my peers. But I’ve got no plan of what I wanna do or progress.

Nae Lass, nae plan, nae motivation, absolutely nothing planned till Christmas Day, literally

I’ve thought about many things over years, going to work remotely from abroad which maybe I could do, or all this type of shite, but not sure I’ve got any confidence left to do out.

Im 31 and I just feel like it’s going nowhere and I’m wasting me life and have wasted it so far. But no motivation to do fuck all. Feel totally alone but at the same time finding it hard to motivate to wanna talk to anyone.

Fed up!
where you based pal?

Fed up!

Well, at least you're not going hungry. Every cloud and that.

I think as a starting point you've identified (in your opinion) where you feel your life is going wrong/not progressing.
Why don't you make a list in order of what you feel is highest priority and tick them off one by one as you change/improve your lot. I know this seems obvious but its a basic starting point.

OP, you thought about joining a group or club? Maybe doing some college short course in something?

It seems like you have a good idea on where the problems lie.

Sounds like you need something drastic, a big step, a change. Working remotely from abroad sounds a great idea, fuck the confidence mate, get it booked and go, the confidence will come when you realise how different life can be.
I get where you're coming from, my first thought was if he can't build a social life here then he's probably not going to have much luck abroad either, he'll have nicer weather though.

Last edited:

Fed up!

This is an issue. Everyone thinks working from home is great (which it can be) but when you haven't got much going on outside of work during the week the day can really roll into one.

If a change of job isn't practical at the moment, try mixing up your routine. Why don't you look on the diet & exercise forum and join a game of footy each week or take up a new sport / physical challenge.

Fed up!
Get yourself on a dating app, whats the worst that happen.

Fed up!

Still London based?

Get murdered
Or raped?

Fed up!
Counciling? I know nothing about depression, but you sound pretty fed up. A brighter perspective or a bit more drive?

Start going to the gym, a class in the morning makes me feel mint for the rest of the day. Find somebody who plays 5aside & offer to play. Ive always fancied joining a squash club.

Park runs, running club. Owt you enjoy really. Fuck it, World of Warcraft conferences.

Don’t think you’re from up here, but I see groups doing sea swimming between the two piers. Stuff like that you can turn up on your own, get stuck in & get to know people.

Might sound corny but get some self improvement books.
also look at the positives - you're young, you've got an income, you support a great team...

Also, while people laugh at you on here occasionally I don't think it's meant to be malicious. Take it as a bit of fun and stop arguing with everyone! :lol:

Back