Astra Zeneca

Nope. The trials and manufacturing in the UK was was funded by the British Government. The vaccine was already been trialled at that stage.

This article on BBC wesite states: Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine: Bogus reports, accidental finds - the story of the jab

1. Professor Teresa Lambe designed the vaccine over the weekend (11 January, 2020).

2. First jabs were in April (from vaccine manufactured in Oxford own facilitity and a facility in Italy).

3. At end of April, manufacturing deal was made with AZ.

4. UK Gov. funding in May.

Since January 2020 is since January 2020. UK funding was May 2020 when the vaccine had already been trialled.

Just what I read/hear from reputable authorities (like the FDA, EMA, etc). Definately NOT the Daily Mail ect.
Ah right. So what is this Vaccine Law you mention?..... 🤔

Ah right. So what is this Vaccine Law you mention?..... 🤔

I don't think I mentioned Vaccine Law. The paper I linked was published by Medicines Law and Policy. Here is the bio of the person who wrote that paper, Christopher Garrison who is an Oxford graduate!

Christopher Garrison, MA LLM MA, is a legal advisor with over 20 years of experience on intellectual property issues.

He qualified in private practice as a European Patent Attorney in 1996 before working in Industry on a range of patent prosecution, licensing and litigation matters. Having developed a more critical interest in the history, operation and outcome of the international intellectual property system, he became a consultant legal advisor to Médecins sans Frontières’ Campaign for Access to Essential Medicines in 2001. Subsequently he has also consulted on access to medicines, medical R&D and public / private collaboration issues for, for example, the World Health Organisation, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Pharmaceutical R&D Policy Project at the London School of Economics and the Medicines Patent Pool. His published works in this field include the 2006 UNCTAD / ICTSD study on Exceptions to Patent Rights in Developing Countries.

In addition to intellectual property issues, Christopher’s broad ranging interests in science, law and policy have expanded his work into areas such as the history of cultural property incentive regimes, the reflection of the Common Heritage of Mankind principle in the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea and in other governance regimes including those relating to Outer Space, and scientific and policy problems posed by global biological and geophysical threats.

He has a Masters Degree in Physics from the University of Oxford, a Masters Degree in (International and Comparative) Law from the School of Oriental and African Studies of the University of London and a Masters Degree in Archaeology from the Institute of Archaeology at University College London. He attended the Hague Academy of International Law in 2005. He is also currently undertaking a PhD in Earth Sciences at University College London.

I know enough about vaccine law, pharmaceuticals not to believe a word the Express/Telegraph/Daily/Boris Johnson says about them.
Aye you did
I don't think I mentioned Vaccine Law. The paper I linked was published by Medicines Law and Policy. Here is the bio of the person who wrote that paper, Christopher Garrison who is an Oxford graduate!

So what is this Vaccine Law you know about from a blog site/FDA/EMA then?

Christopher Garrison​

He has a Masters Degree in Physics from the University of Oxford, a Masters Degree in (International and Comparative) Law from the School of Oriental and African Studies of the University of London and a Masters Degree in Archaeology from the Institute of Archaeology at University College London. He attended the Hague Academy of International Law in 2005. He is also currently undertaking a PhD in Earth Sciences at University College London.

Great qualifications to stand him in good stead here :)

Last edited:
So the EU are about to sue AZ, right in the middle of pandemic. Not sure on the timing of this. If successful what do they want to get out of the action, bearing in mind they have moved more to other vaccines than AZ. Will be interesting how this pans out.
Interesting that French firm Sanofi, which hasn't delivered any of the 300 million doses that it promised, isn't being sued.

🤔

Interesting that French firm Sanofi, which hasn't delivered any of the 300 million doses that it promised, isn't being sued.

🤔
They are making the Pzifer vaccine now instead.

Are you going to stop making false claims about the financing of the AZ vaccine now. Just so you know, I've book marked the post so that all I'll have to do in future if such false claims are made is cut and paste.

I'm glad to have helped.

As no one else will answer why are we using Pfizer jabs as boosters instead of Astra ?
Seems very unpatriotic ? Now I'm confused.
No idea?
Astrazeneca busy giving the world's poor and disadvantaged their first dose (inbetween fighting court cases with the EU)?

I'm glad to have helped.

As no one else will answer why are we using Pfizer jabs as boosters instead of Astra ?
Seems very unpatriotic ? Now I'm confused.

don’t think we are specifically - the extra 60 million will bring total Pfizer to 100 million which is the same number we have procured of AZ.
this is alongside all the others we have procured so we will have a total of 517 million

Are you going to stop making false claims about the financing of the AZ vaccine now. Just so you know, I've book marked the post so that all I'll have to do in future if such false claims are made is cut and paste.
You're grasping at straws. You've been let down by your EU heroes at every turn, and getting desperate.

False claims about the EU having enough vaccine and only being a week or 2 behind the UK.

False claims about the efficacy of Astrazeneca

False claims about the safety of Astrazeneca

False claims about just waiting for the Johnson and Johnson jab.

False claims about when the UK signed it's agreement with Astrazeneca (you spent weeks of non-stop posting claiming we signed it in August after the EU - yet you've literally just posted that it was in May - good job you're bookmarking the bugger!)

The lad is obviously on a wind up.

Actually a lot of the background research was researched in British labs with British money, so it's technically ours. Or something.
Phew. Looks a bit bad though eh?
don’t think we are specifically - the extra 60 million will bring total Pfizer to 100 million which is the same number we have procured of AZ.
this is alongside all the others we have procured so we will have a total of 517 million
Probably right, that silly Hancock was lying again.

Last edited:
Phew. Looks a bit bad though eh?

Probably right, that silly Hancock was lying again.

his actual quote was
“These further 60 million doses will be used, alongside others, as part of our booster programme from later this year, so we can protect the progress that we’ve all made.”

You're grasping at straws. You've been let down by your EU heroes at every turn, and getting desperate.

False claims about the EU having enough vaccine and only being a week or 2 behind the UK.

False claims about the efficacy of Astrazeneca

False claims about the safety of Astrazeneca

False claims about just waiting for the Johnson and Johnson jab.

False claims about when the UK signed it's agreement with Astrazeneca (you spent weeks of non-stop posting claiming we signed it in August after the EU - yet you've literally just posted that it was in May - good job you're bookmarking the bugger!)
All irrelevant in the debate as to your claims that the UK funded the development of the vaccine.
It did not. It funded the trials after it was designed by an Irish woman, Professor Teresa Lambe, and the Jenner Institute (set up by an Irishman, Professor Adrian Hill) had manufactured some vaccine itself and also an Italian company for preliminary trials.

The British Government funding went to AZ, (not Jenner Institure/Oxford University) to do trials and support the manufacturing process in UK factories. It did not fund the factories in the EU that was being used for producing it.

Bottom line on AZ is that it isn't as good as the Pfizer vaccine, its efficacy isn't great against the South African variant (something like 10% efficacy against that one).
Actually a lot of the background research was researched in British labs with British money, so it's technically ours. Or something.

That is just not true.
The lad is obviously on a wind up.
Which lad? CEF?

Last edited:

Back