Astra Zeneca

You are more likely to. That’s the exact point of the research. You can’t just disbelieve something because it doesn’t suit your rhetoric. Government wouldn’t have moved to ban AZ for young ones if it has no basis in fact
If this was Pfizer giving people blood clots, I wonder if usual suspects on here would still be crying out for a handful of perfectly healthy young to potentially sacrifice themselves for the greater good?

I’m thinking not, They’d most likely be screaming for a total ban and be drenched in their own pineapple chunk after days of furious wanking over how class the Oxford one is.

If this was Pfizer giving people blood clots, I wonder if usual suspects on here would still be crying out for a handful of perfectly healthy young to potentially sacrifice themselves for the greater good?

I’m thinking not, They’d most likely be screaming for a total ban and be drenched in their own pineapple chunk after days of furious wanking over how class the Oxford one is.
I've not seen any criticism of the Pfizer vaccine, only the one sold at cost has come under massive criticism even before this blood clot story. Funny that.

the goalposts will be moved again in the next few weeks/months as we move towards the younger groups being vaccinated. most of the clotting incidents are in the 30-39 group

It’s all about the risk versus reward part of it though. For an 80 year old for instance, the reward is clearly there. For a woman having a baby that is having certain issues and a section is needed, the reward of the c-section is clearly there. For a person having an essential operation like getting cancer removed, the reward is clearly there.

As stated on the bbc report based on the governments research, the reward isn’t there for younger people to get the vaccine and accept the, granted minimal, risk. It’s akin to me asking if you want to bet £10 on Sunderland winning League One, on one hand I’ll give you 10p if we win and on the other I’ll give you £10k. One bet you’d take and the other you wouldn’t.

What I’d like the government to do is to start being truthful about this so we can actually make our own decisions on this ourselves. On Monday, it was all politics by the EU, now it’s banned for 29 year olds but fine for 31 year olds to have it. Seems a rather arbitrary cut off.

Hard to make your own decisions when your own government change their story every week, which is my point. Put the information out there and I can decide for myself, instead of this hypocritical rhetoric they keep coming out with

In fairness to the Govt I dont think they ever said it was politics by the EU, that was the usual SMB Brexit nutters on here jumping in.

Apart from that, agree.

Reports this morning that France issuing an advisory that anyone under 55 who has had first shot of AZ should now have an MRNA vaccine second shot.

Sons just had his cancelled, he's a bit pissed off about it....
Unless he is about 90 or has underlying issues he hardly has a right to complain. I dare say if I asked for one that would be cancelled.
the goalposts will be moved again in the next few weeks/months as we move towards the younger groups being vaccinated. most of the clotting incidents are in the 30-39 group
The goalposts aren’t even made when it comes to the younger groups.

Next few week and months? Bit optimistic aren’t you?😂😂😂

Is it a bird..is it a plane? No it’s Pacific! Able to jump whole guns in a single bound!😂😂😂

Last edited:
I've not seen any criticism of the Pfizer vaccine, only the one sold at cost has come under massive criticism even before this blood clot story. Funny that.
Not really that funny, AZ had some issues from early doors which were well documented. It was clearly rushed out and in our dire situation we had no choice but to clutch at any straws.

Don’t get me wrong, as a kick up the arse off 50, I’d still have taken AZ tomorrow despite knowing what I know now. (Already had 1 Pfizer) I’m no spring chicken and would be more than happy to take the risk.
I certainly wouldn’t be happy for my kids to take the risk as they’re healthy. I’d rather they took something slightly safer, despite how minuscule the chance is of them coming to harm. If that upsets some jingoistic bellends then tough shit. They’d still be defending AZ if it made their micro cocks drop off so I don’t give a fuck what they think.

Thats interesting, have there been trials of the mix and match scenario?
It is indeed, as i'm sure the info was that you cant mix and match the differing types as they work differently. Maybe able to mix and match different manufactures of the same type, unless of course France has found something different out. It would be nice to see the data.

Be good news if it is true

Last edited:
When I had my AZ vaccine on a sat night, the following Monday my medication for a health condition changed.
I stopped taking drugs that prevented clotting, I was only allowed this drug for 12 months.
I must admit I had headaches for a couple of weeks after the jab which I put down to stopping the tablets.
Probs not great timing in retrospect.
Hearing about blood clotting was a concern but hey it was too late by then and I’m still here, roll on round 2

I thought some trials were taking place with the AZ and Sputnik vaccines
Could be but that would be 2 x adenovirus vector type vaccines. mRNA + adenovirus would be interesting to see. The primary and secondary endpoints and how they are determined would make for a good read

Back