Astra Zeneca

Funny how 2-3 weeks ago when some European countries were pausing the use of the AZ vaccine as a precaution (pending safety reviews) poster after poster on here had steam coming out of their ears claiming it was all political and just the evil EU trying to score points against the UK to cover for their poor vaccine roll out. Now that the UK has acknowledged that embolism/thrombocytopaenia linked to the vaccine may well be a thing are any of those SMB pharmacovigilence experts going to come on here and eat a bit of humble pie? I won't hold my breath.

Funny how 2-3 weeks ago when some European countries were pausing the use of the AZ vaccine as a precaution (pending safety reviews) poster after poster on here had steam coming out of their ears claiming it was all political and just the evil EU trying to score points against the UK to cover for their poor vaccine roll out. Now that the UK has acknowledged that embolism/thrombocytopaenia linked to the vaccine may well be a thing are any of those SMB pharmacovigilence experts going to come on here and eat a bit of humble pie? I won't hold my breath.

I remember that, a lot of posters did not exactly cover themselves in glory.

No because it's a 1 in 1,000,000 side effect. You have the same risk of dying in a car crash for every 250 miles you drive.

AZ has helped save thousands of lives over the last 4 months and brought the nation back from the brink in January.

Why should anyone be eating humble pie?
If you read any of my previous posts you will see that I fully support the AZ vaccine. The benefit outweighs the thromboembolism risk in my opinion. The point I was making was that European countries paused to look at the data because there were rare adverse events occurring which warranted a closer look. It wasn't political as multiple posters were claiming.

If you read any of my previous posts you will see that I fully support the AZ vaccine. The benefit outweighs the thromboembolism risk in my opinion. The point I was making was that European countries paused to look at the data because there were rare adverse events occurring which warranted a closer look. It wasn't political as multiple posters were claiming.
Fair enough, I don't really have the time to read back through 33 pages like.
Hi, I'm back up :cool:

Police offcer: Your son has died in a car crash.
Mother: At least he's now safe from Covid.
😂

Tbf, it could be argued that AZ came under much more scrutiny than other vaccines because of comments made by certain European politicians in their attempts to cover their shortcomings in procuring enough supplies.

In that respect it could easily be construed as political.

Tbf, it could be argued that AZ came under much more scrutiny than other vaccines because of comments made by certain European politicians in their attempts to cover their shortcomings in procuring enough supplies.

In that respect it could easily be construed as political.

:rolleyes:

Keep on digging man....

Thats poor.

If you read any leaflet that comes with prescription drugs it will explain side effects and to contact your GP if you get some of the rarer ones. The issue here is millions of doses of this have been administered in less than 3 months. It wouldn’t surprise me if low incidence side effects appear in the other vaccine types as more of those are administered

What are the odds of someone under 30 dying of Covid?
Some expert on the radio was quoting 1 in a million for someone under 30 to die of COVID and 4 in a million to get a blood clot. Both very statistically small events, but still makes you think twice. Worth noting too that the blood clots seem to occur more frequently in women than men for whatever reason.

I did say ages ago on here mind that I was happy to be 31 and at the back of the vaccine queue, so they can be effectively tested on everyone else first. Looks like a good position to have taken - god knows how this will change by the time I get offered a vaccine
If you read any leaflet that comes with prescription drugs it will explain side effects and to contact your GP if you get some of the rarer ones. The issue here is millions of doses of this have been administered in less than 3 months. It wouldn’t surprise me if low incidence side effects appear in the other vaccine types as more of those are administered
This is a very fair and valid point. Think this’ll develop a lot more on all fronts by the time the younger ones are vaccinated anyway and we’ll have a different picture again

Last edited:

Back