Astra Zeneca

Downing Street hits back

“ Downing Street has urged the EU to "stand by its commitment" not to restrict exports of vaccines after a threat from European Commission president Ursula von der Leyen.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson's official spokesman said: "I would point you back to the conversation the prime minister had with Ursula von der Leyen earlier this year.

"She confirmed then that the focus of their mechanism was on transparency and not intended to restrict exports by companies where they are fulfilling their contractual responsibilities.

"It remains the case we would expect the EU to continue to stand by its commitment."

UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab told Reuters news agency von der Leyen's comments require explanation and he expects legal agreements to be respected.

"I think it takes some explaining because the world's watching ... It also cuts across the direct assurances that we had from the Commission," Raab said.

"We expect those assurances and legal contracted supply to be respected. Frankly, I'm surprised we're having this conversation."”

AZ vaccine costs maybe a couple of quid. pfizer is anywhere between £11 and £20 depending if you bought it through the eu or gb.

it is incredibly likely that the endpoint of all of this is regular yearly jabs. If people trust and demand that yearly jab from pfizer more than AZ, sputnik, etc then the shareholders are in line to make billions. It would sound like paraoid conspiracy nonsense if Pfizers CEO hadnt just spoken at Barclays Global Healthcare Conference where he discusses the 'significant pricing opportunity' this would represent. Pfizer Inc. - Barclays Global Healthcare Conference . Theres a hell of a lot of money to be made in taking one of the options out of the competition.
I’d be absolutely staggered if there isn’t at least an element of this in play here.

Anyone know the production capacity of AZ in the UK?
I've no idea but they manufacturing shitloads in India.

Anyone know the production capacity of AZ in the UK?

I think it’s a bit more complex than the capacity, fairly certain that U.K. government sourced phials for vaccine destined for U.K. and phials are in short supply worldwide, could be wrong wouldn’t be 1st time

I think it’s a bit more complex than the capacity, fairly certain that U.K. government sourced phials for vaccine destined for U.K. and phials are in short supply worldwide, could be wrong wouldn’t be 1st time
After a phial has been used (I assumes its a little glass bottle) can it be recycled and reused?

It is and I have absolutely no idea, maybe sterility issues?
I think that would be key and perhaps the replacing of the caps on them. Fuck me we would have a good few million here that could be used again if they don't already do so. Could help the supply chain.

I think that would be key and perhaps the replacing of the caps on them. Fuck me we would have a good few million here that could be used again if they don't already do so. Could help the supply chain.
Supposedly 5 or 6 doses per vial.. since we are doing hundred of jabs daily in each centre could they not do bigger bottles that maybe hold 20-30 shots ?

AZ vaccine costs maybe a couple of quid. pfizer is anywhere between £11 and £20 depending if you bought it through the eu or gb.

it is incredibly likely that the endpoint of all of this is regular yearly jabs. If people trust and demand that yearly jab from pfizer more than AZ, sputnik, etc then the shareholders are in line to make billions. It would sound like paraoid conspiracy nonsense if Pfizers CEO hadnt just spoken at Barclays Global Healthcare Conference where he discusses the 'significant pricing opportunity' this would represent. Pfizer Inc. - Barclays Global Healthcare Conference . Theres a hell of a lot of money to be made in taking one of the options out of the competition.
This is what I think is happening -at least in part

Supposedly 5 or 6 doses per vial.. since we are doing hundred of jabs daily in each centre could they not do bigger bottles that maybe hold 20-30 shots ?
That's the Pfizer vials, the AZ vials hold 10 doses as I've just checked with the vial that our lass purloined (unintentionally) which she is retaining as a souvenir!

Back