Astra Zeneca

Me too. I don't even have a sore arm or any sort of mark where I had the injection. If I had not seen it being done, I would not know which arm it had been put in.
I was the same the night I had it, the next day I felt a bit ropey, not too bad thankfully just like a small dose of man flu. However now it's 4 days later and for the past couple of nights if I lay on my side where I had the jab I can feel it, like I've been given a dead arm

Probably from here, although it doesn't confirm the actual vaccine.

What is concerning from the article is that the EU think and possibly do have a legal way of stopping exports, even when a company is meeting contractual agreements in good faith despite having no ownership.

"One possibility being discussed is to use Article 122 of the EU treaty, which allows measures to be taken "if severe difficulties arise in the supply of certain products". Those measures could in theory include export bans and the waiving of patent and intellectual property rights on vaccines."

Last edited:

It's a global world. They will source materials from all over, which is why it's important that countries don't start banning exports of agreed goods. (Although I think AZ made in Britain is made start to finish in the UK).

The EU forget that they don't own these companies. They have set up in Europe to supply the entire region with what they have agreed with customers, and source material from the entire region.

Taking the EU's argument Belgium government officals should just take over the Pfizer plant and keep all the doses for Belgians. Why should they bother honouring any deal with the rest of the EU?

Madness.

It's a global world. They will source materials from all over, which is why it's important that countries don't start banning exports of agreed goods. (Although I think AZ made in Britain is made start to finish in the UK).

The EU forget that they don't own these companies. They have set up in Europe to supply the entire region with what they have agreed with customers, and source material from the entire region.

Taking the EU's argument Belgium government officals should just take over the Pfizer plant and keep all the doses for Belgians. Why should they bother honouring any deal with the rest of the EU?

Madness.

I accept all of that, was just wondering why u believed Pfizer sourced their raw materials from uk

I wouldn't say propaganda got in his head, he based his decision on the trial figures. At the time it was probably the best and only information he had, if he still wishes to use them figures then I understand but now with real world figures showing different he may change. I just hope he can get a vaccine soob and thats the same for everyone in eu and the world. The sooner everyone is vaccinated the better.

Looks like I will get my first jab late week nineteen or early week twenty. I don't know which week we are in now but it can't be that far away now. :)

Wasn't there a priest somewhere few weeks back who said getting the vaccine turns people gay or something ? Sure I read that somewhere.

Last edited:
Looks like I will get my first jab late week nineteen or early week twenty. I don't know which week we are in now but it can't be that far away now. :)
I reckon that’s early May, 5/6 weeks away

PS the gay story was one circulating amongst th Muslim community

Last edited:
I reckon that’s early May, 5/6 weeks away

PS the gay story was one circulating amongst th Muslim community

Ah, so I will be all done and sorted by end of May. That's good, am pleased with that. Plenty time before coming back over again in late August. Last year I just about made it there and home again in time before both our countries closed shops.

1) There’s no evidence (yet) the vaccine causes blood clots,
2) Even if it does, all medications have costs / benefits. When you get prescribed something the packet will usually tell you there’s a 1 in 100,000 risk of sudden death or your skin turning blue and falling off or something.

So even if it marginally increases the risk of blood clots (like the contraceptive pill!) the benefits are still likely to grossly outweigh risks.

Is it just me or is that AZ statement a bit disingenuous?

"We have no domestic UK supply issues" but according to various on here the issue is shipments from India :confused:

Is it just me or is that AZ statement a bit disingenuous?

"We have no domestic UK supply issues" but according to various on here the issue is shipments from India :confused:
The massive shipment is from India but the vaccine which is being produced in the UK for AZ is still being manufactured. IIRC, there is a site in Wrexham where the vaccine is produced.

I just hope this thing with the EU whatever it is doesn’t stop the rest of us getting vaccinated. The population who have been won’t give a shit. It’s the percentage who haven’t who ought to be slightly worried.

At the moment only the Oxford vacc. is being used in the UK, not the pfizer, BBC said this morning, pfizer is being kept for second jabs

Last edited:

Back