Aston Villa

It obviously went a bit quiet when we decided to give Bournemouth 3 points early on, but since you bring it up. Lets look what you can find on Bournemouth forums.

"Villa Park was insanely loud at the start of the game. Rarely heard a premier league ground louder. "

Fact is that when Villa Park goes loud there's almost nothing in England like it.
The ground 3 miles down the road in small Heath is well known for being much better for atmosphere than VP. And they regularly get smaller attendances

I am yet to meet a single Villa fan that thinks this. On this forum you seem to be fabricating an alternative reality. The fact is that the majority of Villa fans are content with surviving the drop. I know this doesn't fit the general 'entitled wankers' story here, but that's the actual case.

@Cridge for starters thinks precisely this

Because he is jealous and it's eating away at him. Whilst you lot have signed a few utter no marks in the bargain basement, he's looked on in envy as we have firstly gained promotion and then secondly spent a war chest that Sunderland could only dream of having.
Why on earth would we be jealous of Villa? Maybe Man U, City or Liverpool or other top 6 club, as i’ve posted before I used to quite like Villa until you cropped up on here, now I actively want you to lose unless you are playing the Mags

I thought we played well on Saturday. I came away from the ground feeling strangely optimistic and in a decent mood. Dean Smith so far has been a breath of fresh air for the club. We desperately need that first win though.

As for our support, anyone that thinks we have poor support must be blind. Ok we have our moments when it’s below average, but most clubs apart from the obvious ones have a dip in support. In the third tier we averaged 27k and 32k. In the championship we averaged 32k, 32k and 36k. Hardly poor support is it. Our away support has been top notch for the last three years too and will be this season . Bournemouth never made general sale and a few other home games won’t make general sale. What I find strange is how Sunderland went from 40+ in the prem to some games in the championship the following season barely over 20k. I heard the free tickets stopped hence the big drop for your games. Either way Sunderland have very good support, the same as us.

I thought we played well on Saturday. I came away from the ground feeling strangely optimistic and in a decent mood. Dean Smith so far has been a breath of fresh air for the club. We desperately need that first win though.

As for our support, anyone that thinks we have poor support must be blind. Ok we have our moments when it’s below average, but most clubs apart from the obvious ones have a dip in support. In the third tier we averaged 27k and 32k. In the championship we averaged 32k, 32k and 36k. Hardly poor support is it. Our away support has been top notch for the last three years too and will be this season . Bournemouth never made general sale and a few other home games won’t make general sale. What I find strange is how Sunderland went from 40+ in the prem to some games in the championship the following season barely over 20k. I heard the free tickets stopped hence the big drop for your games. Either way Sunderland have very good support, the same as us.
Another one, is this a villa f***ing forum now

Free tickets stopped long before that. Fans stopped going as they wanted Short gone. Our average attendance was still spectacular considering we were relegated bottom of the PL, spent £1.5m and were then relegated bottom of the championship.

You can't relate to that.

Guaranteed that we give them their first points of the season!

Just hope Kean & Iwobi are fully fit to start as we are desperate for some creativity and Calvert Lewin is absolute wank - Kean did more in 20 minutes than DCL has done in the last 140 minutes yesterday.

Defensively we are actually one of the most solid sides in the league (10 clean sheets in our 13 PL games) so hopefully we dont give Villa a sniff although I can see Both teams scoring on the night.

Nah - 2 nil toffees

You both have good support/attendances. Especially sunderland being in league one. Not just saying that because its on your forum. Villa have fans all around the country, problem is they are the biggest bunch of bellends going. Good numbers though.

If we were in league one we mightaswell play at solihull moors because our attendances would be horrific. Not sure how anyone can try take the piss out of your attendances.

I’m not taking the piss out of their crowds. Even the 29k last week was superb for a third tier game. Several other clubs would match it at least, then there would be others that would be pulling in bigger crowds.

Last edited:

Back