Aston Villa

Either way it’s a brave move giving him the gig.
Suppose it's one of those 'If it works out then great, but if it doesnt.....'
The official line from the club was that he's a (hopefully) young and upcoming decent manager who deserves his chance.
A lot of folk reckon though that it's just the cheap option.

Not really sure how I stand on that - even if it is 'the cheap option', then great if it pays off.
Most people were sick of Pulis and his mega- defensive style, and Woodgate was saying all the right things about how he 'wants us to play' - just have to wait and see.
You could say Pulis fucked up our play-off hopes with his tactics last season, or you equally say he did well to have us finish 7th , given our start this season.

And to clarify it for you - I don't give a flying one what you think of me. I don't crave your friendship. The anti Villa stuff was here way before me - It's why I joined.

Genuinely don't see what's comical about unfortunately losing at home to Bournemouth in the PL either but my response was aimed at some prat who thought it was.

It shouldn't bother people on here whether yous win or lose, but there we are. I don't particularly like Villa much but couldn't give a shite how yous do really.

The problem with sky is the old soaks they employ as pundits are more interested in drink, race horses and paying their ex wives

He will have glanced at Villas squad thought big Ron big club and wrote that pisch about them finishing 8th

Sounds like Villa got hammered again, it should have been more.
Find it quite remarkable how all these Sunderland fans KNOW what's gonna happen to Villa.
They've just gone back into the premier league (while Sunderland are still languishing in league one), and have been beaten (not hammered) by two very good teams.
It was never gonna be easy, moving up a level, all seems a bit weird trying to take the piss after just two matches.

I dont see that Sunderland fans are in any position to mock Villa (or Bournemouth either) , given Sunderland's standing in the football league.
Find it quite remarkable how all these Sunderland fans KNOW what's gonna happen to Villa.
They've just gone back into the premier league (while Sunderland are still languishing in league one), and have been beaten (not hammered) by two very good teams.
It was never gonna be easy, moving up a level, all seems a bit weird trying to take the piss after just two matches.

I dont see that Sunderland fans are in any position to mock Villa (or Bournemouth either) , given Sunderland's standing in the football league.

Why do you always feel the need to put your neb in? We can take the piss and whichever club we wish, regardless of what league or position we're in.

You should like low, as you've looked absolutely shocking.

Last edited:
Why do you always feel the need to put your neb in? We can take the piss and whichever club we wish, regardless of what league or position we're in.

You should like low, as you've looked absolutely shocking.
Don't see why I should 'lie low' just cos we've looked crap (I agree btw).
No point hiding away , anyway it's only the start of the season - as it is with Villa.

And, likewise, if you can take the piss out of who you want, then I can feel free to 'put my neb in'

Humbled by the mighty Bournemouth :lol: Apparently the atmosphere was poor.

@Cridge

It obviously went a bit quiet when we decided to give Bournemouth 3 points early on, but since you bring it up. Lets look what you can find on Bournemouth forums.

"Villa Park was insanely loud at the start of the game. Rarely heard a premier league ground louder. "

Fact is that when Villa Park goes loud there's almost nothing in England like it.

It obviously went a bit quiet when we decided to give Bournemouth 3 points early on, but since you bring it up. Lets look what you can find on Bournemouth forums.

"Villa Park was insanely loud at the start of the game. Rarely heard a premier league ground louder. "

Fact is that when Villa Park goes loud there's almost nothing in England like it.
What forum was this?

Just not very often though. Good at chucking cabbages like. Best in the business.

It must have only been loud for a few minutes marra.

On the bits I caught I could only hear Bournemouth.
What forum was this?

It's the only positive quote he could find.
27k last October v Preston

With 3k from Preston.

Last edited:

If you are going to quote from a forum then please do it properly

Villa Park was insanely loud at the start of the game. Rarely heard a premier league ground louder.
Quietened down a bit after the pen.
Turned into the Emirates after our second.
And you should have heard the brummies moaning at the end - they really thought they were going to give us a dicking. I think reality is setting in.

:

:lol::lol:

And that's what I said? It went a bit quiet after us gifting them the match. I watch football all around the world and that's one universial trait of every football club.

If you are going to quote from a forum then please do it properly

Villa Park was insanely loud at the start of the game. Rarely heard a premier league ground louder.
Quietened down a bit after the pen.
Turned into the Emirates after our second.
And you should have heard the brummies moaning at the end - they really thought they were going to give us a dicking. I think reality is setting in.

:

:lol::lol:

:lol: :lol:

I am amazed anyone can say they heard Bournemouth fans. Probably among the worst I've ever heard at Villa Park. Couldn't hear them all game long.

Last edited:

Back