Aston Villa Splashing the Cash

Hause, Konsa, Steer/Nyland/Kalinic, Hourihane and Elmo are alright for a newly promoted team for backup, but there's a long way to go for a squad fighting for mid table PL football. Jota will be starting methinks, so I don't think that's a back-up.

Where would you play Jota? I don’t know how well set up as smith played a different formation at Brentford. I can’t see him getting ahead of Jack/SJM in the number 10 role and imagine the Egypt winger and AEG to be wide men in a 442.

I disagree that we have a long way to go for mid table but accept that it will take more than one window.

Not David i hope......

It's some random Egyptian in the Turkish league. I've never heard of him, and while I am sceptical, I just hope Deano gets whatever players he thinks will suit our football.

Where would you play Jota? I don’t know how well set up as smith played a different formation at Brentford. I can’t see him getting ahead of Jack/SJM in the number 10 role and imagine the Egypt winger and AEG to be wide men in a 442.

I disagree that we have a long way to go for mid table but accept that it will take more than one window.

I think he's pretty much nailed on to be starting as a winger. Even if we now sign Trezeguet he will need some time to settle just like El Ghazi did.

ok let see this squad that's so strong, someone on our site posted this up, our first team and the side we can put out if every single one is injured, let's see yours so we can see this amazingly strong squad you have
1st team
Logon or register to see this image

2nd team
Logon or register to see this image

I imagine both of yours are way stronger seeing as we are shit and you're going to easily finish above us
No Arnautovic or am I being daft?

All this “entitlement “ rubbish is just a bit of drama to add value to claims. We had it for the past 3 seasons with many tin pot Championship sides claimed we thought we had a divine right to the PL. 99% of Villa fans are realistic but one lunatic on Twitter posts nonsense and the bed wetting begins.

As I said, I’ve spent a lot of time working in the West Mids and they fans of all the other clubs think your fan base are entitled bellends. My experience backs this up and you, me old china, are the cherry on the f***ing cake!!!!

As I said, I’ve spent a lot of time working in the West Mids and they fans of all the other clubs think your fan base are entitled bellends. My experience backs this up and you, me old china, are the cherry on the f***ing cake!!!!

That goes with the territory when you've always been the best team in the region.
I hate sounding entitled or anything, and I fully respect that stuff has to be earned on a football pitch, but it's rather funny cause while we have a rivalry with sha due to obvious reasons, Villa fans in general don't really give shit about wolves or wba, but they seem utterly obsessed with us. Only have to enter molineux mix where they in the space of 10 months have a 142 page thread on us.

Last edited:
That goes with the territory when you've always been the best team in the region.
I hate sounding entitled or anything, and I fully respect that stuff has to be earned on a football pitch, but it's rather funny cause while we have a rivalry with sha due to obvious reasons, Villa fans in general don't really give shit about wolves or wba, but they seem utterly obsessed with us. Only have to enter molineux mix where they in the space of 10 months have a 142 page thread on us.
To be fair Villa are 5th in the all times title list but Wolves are 11th, so I think you dismiss them a bit unfairly.
Decent club IMO, as are W Brom

They only really have about 12 players. After that,they’re relying on kids.

Nuno only works with a squad of 18 anyway. It keeps a happy camp.

We have 3 players rested for China so we only need to sign 3 more.

Wallace from Lazio and Patrick Cutrone from AC Milan are expected to sign next week.

great stats, 20 goals 12 assists last season

Minutes per goal or assist in the Bundesliga last season:

Timo Werner - 101 minutes
Luka Jović - 98 minutes
Robert Lewandowski - 92 minutes
SEBASTIAN HALLER - 91 minutes

Obligatory youtube -

Sure I can find a video on Papp Cisse smashing them in the Bundesliga and having the best goals per minute ratio in the PL

Means fuck all really

Loads of clubs will have had a look at Haller but thought fuck that at £45m

Last edited:
Sure I can find a video on Papp Cisse smashing them in the Bundesliga and having the best goals per minute ratio in the PL

Means fuck all really

Loads of clubs will have had a look at Haller but thought fuck that at £45m
not seen him to be honest, don't really watch anything other than our football

this apparent Bundelsiga expert says he's gobsmacked that we've pulled this off though

High praise Sebastien Haller: Bundesliga expert explains why he is ‘gobsmacked’ West Ham signed £45m striker
By Sean O'Brien

Eintracht Frankfurt will miss West Ham new boy Sebastien Haller more than Luka Jovic, according to Bundesliga expert Kevin Hatchard.

Haller becomes the second frontman to leave Frankfurt this summer after Real Madrid bought the highly-rated Jovic for £53million. Hatchard, who lives and breathes the Bundesliga, claims Haller was even more important to the club than his strike partner.

“They’ll be getting an excellent centre-forward,” the expert told talkSPORT. “They’ll be getting somebody who scores goals and creates goals, and whose hold-up play is excellent.

“He scored 15 goals in the Bundesliga last season but also set up nine. “Eintracht Frankfurt looked a poorer side when he wasn’t in the line-up.”

Haller and Jovic rose to prominence last season as Frankfurt progressed to the semi-finals of the Europa League, where they were beaten by eventual winners Chelsea on penalties. Jovic was the competition’s second-highest scorer with ten goals, one behind Olivier Giroud’s 11, while Haller grabbed five during the tournament.

“[Haller] was influential in their Europa League run as well,” Hatchard added.

“There has been a lot of talk about Luka Jovic going to Real Madrid and how important that is, but actually I think Haller leaving Frankfurt will do more damage to them than Jovic leaving, because he is such an important vocal point in their attack.

“I’m gobsmacked, quite frankly, that West Ham have been able to pull this off.”

Last edited:

Back