Aston Villa Splashing the Cash

Do you think that because you finished 7th in your first year back that you have cracked it?

What you know about the PL can be written on the back of a postage stamp. The second season is very often harder than the first and if you have any genuinely top class players, you’ll lose them to better teams.

Project wanderers have a hell of a long way to go before they can consider themselves top 7.

Boly, Neves, Jota, Dendonker, Doherty, Moutinho, Raul, Coady just to name a few who were too class last season yet not one of them has moved on yet.

You would love to have our connections and backing at your club. It’s not about he much you spend it’s how you spend it.

absolutely laughable and also the only one that truly matters

I would love to know what makes him think the Villa squad is better than wolves or West Ham.

He’s got to be a WUM

Last edited:

Do you think that because you finished 7th in your first year back that you have cracked it?

What you know about the PL can be written on the back of a postage stamp. The second season is very often harder than the first and if you have any genuinely top class players, you’ll lose them to better teams.

Project wanderers have a hell of a long way to go before they can consider themselves top 7.

Obviously they dont think they have cracked it as they have strengthened their squad already thisseason

I'm a bit of a Villa fan but have to agree there at this moment in time.

Love Boly, think he's a belting centre half
Boly, Coady & Bennett cost us £15m

Mings cost Villa £20m

if he just came on and said he thought they ould stay up he' dget little abuse, it' the fact he's 100% certain they are better than the likes of us and Wolves already that cops him so much flak

Tbf I got a bit of flack in here last season by a couple of Everton Fans for claiming we would be challenging them... in the end I was right

But I also think I’m right in assuming Villa won’t be

Last edited:
if he just came on and said he thought they ould stay up he' dget little abuse, it' the fact he's 100% certain they are better than the likes of us and Wolves already that cops him so much flak

The first mistake you made was to think that I give a flying one about flack on an Internet forum.

The second mistake you made(and it’s one you regularly make) is that you misread the thread. I don’t claim we’ll finish above Wolves and clearly stated it might take 2 years. However, it is not beyond the realms of possibility to finish above you and/or Wolves this season.

The first mistake you made was to think that I give a flying one about flack on an Internet forum.

The second mistake you made(and it’s one you regularly make) is that you misread the thread. I don’t claim we’ll finish above Wolves and clearly stated it might take 2 years. However, it is not beyond the realms of possibility to finish above you and/or Wolves this season.
no you have called us shit and said your squad is already better and just above claimed Wolves do not have a better squad than you

no you have called us shit and said your squad is already better and just above claimed Wolves do not have a better squad than you

Well at least you’re honest enough to admit your mistake.

Our squad is stronger than Wolves. As I said, their 11 may be currently better but their squad is wafer thin. Let’s see how our team gels though.

Actually, the opposite is correct. The internet is full of clueless .. muppets who let their hearts rule their heads. Tammy was great for us last season but taking the sentiment out, he’s not ready for the PL yet.

Hope this helps.

Agree. The internet is full of clueless muppets. You’re one of them.

Hope this helps

Tbf I got a bit of flack in here last season by a couple of Everton Fans for claiming we would be challenging them... in the end I was right

But I also think I’m right in assuming Villa won’t be
Always thought Wolves would do well but you lads surpassed what i expected. Well done.

Our squad is stronger than Wolves. As I said, their 11 may be currently better but their squad is wafer thin. Let’s see how our team gels though.
ok let see this squad that's so strong, someone on our site posted this up, our first team and the side we can put out if every single one is injured, let's see yours so we can see this amazingly strong squad you have
1st team
Logon or register to see this image

2nd team

I imagine both of yours are way stronger seeing as we are shit and you're going to easily finish above us

Boly, Neves, Jota, Dendonker, Doherty, Moutinho, Raul, Coady just to name a few who were too class last season yet not one of them has moved on yet.

You would love to have our connections and backing at your club. It’s not about he much you spend it’s how you spend it.

I would love to know what makes him think the Villa squad is better than wolves or West Ham.

He’s got to be a WUM

I sincerely hope Wolves absolutely batter Villa twice next season

I’ve spent a lot of time working in the West Midlands over the last 20 years and Villa are undoubtedly the mags of the midlands (albeit not quite as moronic or deluded as our dear neighbours)
Wolves and West Brom are proper football clubs with good support and tradition without the entitled nonsense that goes with “the villa”

The obsession continues from Mr “Light years away “

Go and bore the life out of someone else eh sonny? I have no need whatsoever to explain or justify myself to the likes of you.

ok let see this squad that's so strong, someone on our site posted this up, our first team and the side we can put out if every single one is injured, let's see yours so we can see this amazingly strong squad you have
1st team

2nd team

I imagine both of yours are way stronger seeing as we are shit and you're going to easily finish above us

Totally forgot you had Yarmolenko as well! It does look a good squad that.

I’ve spent a lot of time working in the West Midlands over the last 20 years and Villa are undoubtedly the mags of the midlands (albeit not quite as moronic or deluded as our dear neighbours)
Wolves and West Brom are proper football clubs with good support and tradition without the entitled nonsense that goes with “the villa”

You mistake ambition and expectations for entitlement. All big clubs have the same aspirations.

How do you know its stronger? Like you said earlier in the thread you are having to reassemble it given how many have left since the end of the season?

Are you basing it purely on the value of players purchased? Cos apart from Mings I hadnt heard of any of them or their sparkling quality

Totally forgot you had Yarmolenko as well! It does look a good squad that.
yeah he was fit end of last seaosn but not risked so should be good to go come August
looks like Obiang will both likely replaced by Wanyama from Spurs, and another striker will come in but we seem pretty set!

what you mean is you can't because you know you've been spouting incessant bullshit and have nothing to back it up

Last edited:
yeah he was fit end of last seaosn but not risked so should be good to go come August
looks like Obiang will both likely replaced by Wanyama from Spurs, and another striker will come in but we seem pretty set!

what you mean is you can't because you know you've been spouting incessant bullshit and have nothing to back it up
Front 3/4 are top drawer if you can get them firing

How do you know its stronger? Like you said earlier in the thread you are having to reassemble it given how many have left since the end of the season?

Are you basing it purely on the value of players purchased? Cos apart from Mings I hadnt heard of any of them or their sparkling quality

They only really have about 12 players. After that,they’re relying on kids.

Back